The Student Room Group

New i7 Laptop AMA

I finally got a new i7 laptop on my credit cards for just under £750, complete with 8 gig ram a 1 tb hdd, a cool sounding sound card, a monitor with such good resolution i have to squint, and a keyboard that lights up. I already have a gaming mouse. But I am thinking about saving up and buying 2* 16 gig ram memory sticks, to max out the memory. Then i really will have a cutting edge laptop won't i? The only things it will be lacking being the dynamic hdd and the graphics card, but seeing as i don't even play games on my laptop, i still think it will be pretty neat when i get this extra memory. Not that it isn't now!

Scroll to see replies

Moved to Chat
Reply 2
SSD or bust.

I'm kidding. Nice buy! What's the size and weight?
Original post by Tiger Rag
Moved to Chat

Reply 4
What is your opinion on italic writing?
Original post by UWS
What is your opinion on italic writing?

PRSOM
Original post by Another
SSD or bust.

I'm kidding. Nice buy! What's the size and weight?

Kinda true....
Original post by john2054
I finally got a new i7 laptop on my credit cards for just under £750, complete with 8 gig ram a 1 tb hdd, a cool sounding sound card, a monitor with such good resolution i have to squint, and a keyboard that lights up. I already have a gaming mouse. But I am thinking about saving up and buying 2* 16 gig ram memory sticks, to max out the memory. Then i really will have a cutting edge laptop won't i? The only things it will be lacking being the dynamic hdd and the graphics card, but seeing as i don't even play games on my laptop, i still think it will be pretty neat when i get this extra memory. Not that it isn't now!

Welcome to the i7 club :five:
Reply 8
thanks a.r. it kind of takes the edge of it though, the fact that i got a warning for writing this message.
Reply 9
Original post by Tiger Rag
Moved to Chat

You don't need to give me a warning just for a harmless mistake such as posting in the wrong area!?
You don't need to give me a warning just for a harmless mistake such as posting in the wrong area!?

He just informed you that the thread had been moved?
Reply 11
Do you, or have you ever had a girlfriend? If so, any advice?

What do you need an i7 for? It seems like a bit of a waste to me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Seems rather expensive for something without an SSD and only 8GB of RAM - was it really wise to go against advice you've been given previously and stick it on credit regardless?
Reply 14
Original post by Elastichedgehog
He just informed you that the thread had been moved?

they also gave me a warning
Original post by zayn008
Do you, or have you ever had a girlfriend? If so, any advice?

i have had a few girlfriends, and then i married one. what advice do you need?
Original post by BobBobson
What do you need an i7 for? It seems like a bit of a waste to me

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've always had computers, and now that i can afford one, i wanted to treat myself to a good one!
Reply 15
Original post by IWMTom
Seems rather expensive for something without an SSD and only 8GB of RAM - was it really wise to go against advice you've been given previously and stick it on credit regardless?

It's got a 6th generation i7 intel processor, it was the best value i could find. I intend to upgrade the Ram to 32 gig at a later point.
Reply 16
It's got a 6th generation i7 intel processor, it was the best value i could find. I intend to upgrade the Ram to 32 gig at a later point.

But, why do you need that much power??? What do you even do that actually requires such a large amount of processing power???
Reply 17
Am I the only person who finds Connor's story in Assassins Creed 3 the most tragic out of all the games?
Ain't you the guy who got into tons of credit card debt?..
thanks a.r. it kind of takes the edge of it though, the fact that i got a warning for writing this message.

Why? Posting in wrong forum?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending