The Student Room Group

Ipad2 slowing down

Has anyone got any tips for speeding up my IPad? It's slowing down and want to get it sorted before I go back to uni next week. X
Reply 1
Original post by Seamus123
Has anyone got any tips for speeding up my IPad? It's slowing down and want to get it sorted before I go back to uni next week. X

I'd recommend doing a hard reset. Put all your photos, music, videos etc on your computer and than reset the ipad to factory settings.
This will make your ipad as fast as it was when you first got it
Reply 2
Welcome to Apple - buy a new one.
Reply 3
Oh, thanks, you are a star! How do I put all the stuff on my laptop?
Its an iPad 2, so badly outdated tech, so at least some of the issue will be that things demand more processing power than when it was new.
Otherwise delete all unnecessary apps, photos and anything else taking up storage (and anything that you downloaded around the time it became slower if it happened overnight)
Oh, thanks, you are a star! How do I put all the stuff on my laptop?

Connect it by USB is probably the easiest way
Reply 6
I can't afford one at the moment and I've just had to buy my grandson a laptop for college. I'm skint now. Only got my pension and Child Benefit. Hoping my kids will get me a new one for Christmas. X
Original post by IWMTom
Welcome to Apple - buy a new one.
Reply 7
Original post by AlexS101
Connect it by USB is probably the easiest way

Thanks. I'll have a bash at that. X
Reply 8
I can't afford one at the moment and I've just had to buy my grandson a laptop for college. I'm skint now. Only got my pension and Child Benefit. Hoping my kids will get me a new one for Christmas. X

It was a joke lol. It's relatively common knowledge (and a little bit of a conspiracy) that Apple products degrade in performance very fast, especially the more recent ones.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending