The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I just submitted my application for the external 042r campaign. I'm happy with the competency answers I gave. But the I think I did atrociously at the reasoning tests. Feel like crying ;(
Reply 1541
Original post by Lakhtar
Hi what campaign are you from? I applied last year and got my provisional offer this year beginning of August.

I was from the csr/159/16 campaign. I think it ended in Febuary. Got my formal offer by mid July.
Reply 1542
Original post by sd1983
I just submitted my application for the external 042r campaign. I'm happy with the competency answers I gave. But the I think I did atrociously at the reasoning tests. Feel like crying ;(

Did you have two tests on the 042 campaign or one? I only had one test for 10 minutes with 30 questions.
Original post by naszam
Did you have two tests on the 042 campaign or one? I only had one test for 10 minutes with 30 questions.

Yup there were two. Verbal and numerical reasoning. Ten minutes each. I winged it in the end, so I think I should kiss it goodbye :s.
Reply 1544
Original post by sd1983
Yup there were two. Verbal and numerical reasoning. Ten minutes each. I winged it in the end, so I think I should kiss it goodbye :s.

That's very strange, I only one and haven't received the confirmation email of application submission either.
Original post by sd1983

You also don't have to do them directly after the application submission, I plan on waiting for a few days before doing them. And there's always the TSP if this one goes badly for you?
Has anyone getting a provisional offer for 1321/16 higher officer tax caseworker heard back from hmrc? I got my offer on 8th September and on 15th that offer was confirmed and that they would be in touch with my manager but i havent heard anything in regards start date yet. Also when i try clicking the next stage on CS jobs nothing happens. It just comes back to the same screen or is that because im internal and dont need the next stage details.
Original post by gingerwizard
You also don't have to do them directly after the application submission, I plan on waiting for a few days before doing them. And there's always the TSP if this one goes badly for you?

Thanks, what's TSP?
Reply 1548
Hey guys,

Just a quick update regarding the O grad role, I received a call just now regarding the application and they told me to bring in some documents and I think they will begin the checks and stuff soon. She said they have only started doing the calls now and she had a lot of dates to come in and hand in the documents and therefore I think the start date is either end of October or start of November.

This was for London and you have to report to Euston tower.Hope this helps you guys out.
Original post by daj19
Hey guys,

Just a quick update regarding the O grad role, I received a call just now regarding the application and they told me to bring in some documents and I think they will begin the checks and stuff soon. She said they have only started doing the calls now and she had a lot of dates to come in and hand in the documents and therefore I think the start date is either end of October or start of November.

This was for London and you have to report to Euston tower.Hope this helps you guys out.

Yea same october 6th. Euston tower.
Another going in on the 6th October at Euston. Does anyone know if it's a more formal kind of interview or is it just to sort out some paperwork? Like everything in this process so far, the email was very vague.

I also hope the start date isn't end of October or early November; I need to give at least a month's notice at my current job, and assuming everything's OK and they take a couple of weeks to send out a formal offer following the 6th, I'd be looking at end November / beginning of December.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1551
Original post by Lil Piranha
Another going in on the 6th October at Euston. Does anyone know if it's a more formal kind of interview or is it just to sort out some paperwork? Like everything in this process so far, the email was very vague.

I also hope the start date isn't end of October or early November; I need to give at least a month's notice at my current job, and assuming everything's OK and they take a couple of weeks to send out a formal offer following the 6th, I'd be looking at end November / beginning of December.

Hey, over the phone she said it won't be an interview and would just be a giving in the forms and I'm not entirely sure on the start date but the people who began the O grad role last year had their start date as 02/11/15 so I'm guessing it might be around November but it might be better to ask them in person when you go in on the 6th.
Reply 1552
Original post by daj19
Hey, over the phone she said it won't be an interview and would just be a giving in the forms and I'm not entirely sure on the start date but the people who began the O grad role last year had their start date as 02/11/15 so I'm guessing it might be around November but it might be better to ask them in person when you go in on the 6th.

Dont expect that quickly. I got my start date on 22ndof July after getting my provisional in May. My start date is 3rd Oct. It doesnt move fast.
Reply 1553
Original post by Smaack
Dont expect that quickly. I got my start date on 22ndof July after getting my provisional in May. My start date is 3rd Oct. It doesnt move fast.

Was yours for the HO role? I was told that the HO role starts early October and O role starts in early November but I guess thats just me being optimistic!
Original post by daj19
Was yours for the HO role? I was told that the HO role starts early October and O role starts in early November but I guess thats just me being optimistic!

Who told you that? if only that would be the case. They say pre employment checks should take no longer than 20 days and the provisional offer went out on September 8th.
I'm waiting for them to complete my pre-employment checks for HO. Provisional offer recieved on the 13th September. So let's say they get back to me after 20 working days.... I have a 2 month notice period in my current role meaning I won't be able to start until the 13th of December.

Anyone know whether my notice period is going to be an issue? Trainee acc??

Thanks! :smile:
Those who received provisional offers on the 13th September for the HO position -0 have any of you heard anything since we had the email asking for acceptance of the offer?

Does anyone know if anything is already happening in the background with these checks?
I haven't heard anything since then. I am guessing they are conducting the checks in the background if they want a 20 day turn around it will be 5 days from COB tomorrow for me which would be 1/4 of the predicted time.
Surely the 20 working days will be from the date we submit our information to manpower? As of yet they still havent contact me!
Original post by Mega0448
It's common courtesy to inform your manager if you are applying for another HMRC job.*

I ended up telling my manager about the job. Even though I'm not currently HMRC, you were right - it did feel kind of deceitful not to keep her informed (as she's been arranging training, etc. for me). She's actually really excited for me haha.

Latest

Trending

Trending