The Student Room Group

Half of all Australians want to ban Muslim immigration

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Maker
Australia has always had racist immigration policies which excluded non white people from immigrating there. This is just a continuation of it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Australia_policy

Cry me a river. Austrialians can choose who ever they want to migrate into their country.
Reply 21
Original post by AshEntropy
Sample Size: 1000

:colonhash:

out of 24,095,200 people :curious:
FFS! Why do people who have no knowledge of statistics insist on making comments like this?
A sample of 1000 is perfectly adequate to give accurate results for a population of 25 million. Here's a couple of screen shots of sample size calculators. And a link so you can do your own.

sample size.jpg

http://www.raosoft.com/samplesize.html
Reply 22
Original post by Cain Tesfaye
If you support a blanket ban on an entire group of people because of their religion then I would regard you to be a bigot.
Would you regard everyone who supported the exclusion of a group of people because of the ideological views of that group as bigoted?
Reply 23
Original post by Dez
Before you accept the poll results as gospel, remember that some of the surveys taken pre-referendum had 75% support for Remain.
And post referendum, it would appear that around 75% support staying in Europe, unfortunately many of them didn't vote. You are assuming that the proportion of turnout as the same for both camps.
People tend to be less motivated to vote if they think their side is certain to win.
Yes, common sense
Reply 25

Clearly your statistical knowledge is inadequate
Original post by al_94
The ruling powers want Muslims to be moved out of their homelands so what Australian people think is irrelevant to them

for what purpose?

We do after all have enough sand.
Reply 27

Well - spot the person whp hasn't a clue about the mathematics behind statistics. 1000 is a pretty large sample.
Reply 28
Its Australia. What do you expect.
Original post by Mathemagicien

Calm down, surely they have a point? Imagine if they only asked like 2.313 million people, that would only be 10% of the population, they didn't even ask 90%!

(before you have a seizure I'm joking lol)
Reply 30
I fail to see how this is interesting or relevent?
They have such strict laws on what comes in to the country to protect their wildlife, makes sense for the people to do the same
Saudi Arabia operates a non-Muslim ban in Mecca. I guess if they really wanted, they could try and implement a similar system as Saudi Arabia does here.
Reply 33
Bacon test.
This is the country that has immigration concentration camps so no surprise there.

Original post by Josb
Bacon test.

Almost all of the Muslim suicide bombers drank alcohol.
Original post by joey11223
Calm down, surely they have a point? Imagine if they only asked like 2.313 million people, that would only be 10% of the population, they didn't even ask 90%!

(before you have a seizure I'm joking lol)

As I read that I was just thinking to myself, man I wanna pour bleach down this guy's throat and break his fingers, then I saw you're joking.

Phew :tongue:
Reply 36
Easy. You ask them to recite the shahadah. If they can't they are clearly not Muslim.
Reply 37
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Almost all of the Muslim suicide bombers drank alcohol.
Undercover, obvs. Then it is permitted.
Reply 38
Original post by West Bank Spank
As I read that I was just thinking to myself, man I wanna pour bleach down this guy's throat and break his fingers, then I saw you're joking.
Bit harsh?
Original post by QE2
Bit harsh?

He was joking and so am I, obviously

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending