The Student Room Group

Remark update.

I sent off my remark today for English lit which I was 1 mark off of getting a C and I've been looking around and it says the remark board has changed. I was wondering exactly what has been changed and if it was the wrong decision to send it off if I probably won't get the extra 1 mark. (Also how long does a remark take to get back to you)
Reply 1
The exam boards have tightened their guidelines on re-marks. This doesn't mean you won't get that extra mark. There is almost no chance of you going down a grade so you did the right thing going for a re-mark. Exam boards are really busy right now so you may have to wait a few weeks for the result.
Original post by Clemm101
The exam boards have tightened their guidelines on re-marks. This doesn't mean you won't get that extra mark. There is almost no chance of you going down a grade so you did the right thing going for a re-mark. Exam boards are really busy right now so you may have to wait a few weeks for the result.
hope it goes well 😬
Reply 3
Fingers crossed for you!
Fingers crossed for you!
came back one mark lower 😡
Reply 5
Damn! How annoying.
Damn! How annoying.
are there any other options I can do as now I still have 4cs I have to retake maths till I pass but I'm not sure how long that will be but when I do il have 5
Reply 7
Original post by Reecebateman
are there any other options I can do as now I still have 4cs I have to retake maths till I pass but I'm not sure how long that will be but when I do il have 5

Is there anything you're doing at the moment? Are you enrolled anywhere or enrolled on any courses? What is it that you wanted to do? You still have options.
Original post by Datalwo
Is there anything you're doing at the moment? Are you enrolled anywhere or enrolled on any courses? What is it that you wanted to do? You still have options.
im in the college I wanted to go to they said I needed 5 GCSEs but I somehow still got in, but the problem was I really wanted it just so that I could stay safe and plus one of my lessons had a risk of being dropped due to not getting 5 Cs and now it's to late to get any further remarks and also for future jobs even though I failed maths and have to keep retaking that means I will get 5 at some point but maths really ain't my strong point
Reply 9
Original post by Reecebateman
im in the college I wanted to go to they said I needed 5 GCSEs but I somehow still got in, but the problem was I really wanted it just so that I could stay safe and plus one of my lessons had a risk of being dropped due to not getting 5 Cs and now it's to late to get any further remarks and also for future jobs even though I failed maths and have to keep retaking that means I will get 5 at some point but maths really ain't my strong point

If you're already enrolled and attending lessons for the subject it is unlikely that they'd ask you to drop it. May I ask what you are doing currently? Is it A levels or a vocational course? You could always sit an extra GCSE as a private candidate if you wish but it may not be necessary since you're resitting maths anyway and you have to pass maths (and English) for uni so as soon as you pass math you'll have 5. I believe you can pass maths if you work hard. Do you know which exam board it is. Maybe I can help?
Original post by Datalwo
If you're already enrolled and attending lessons for the subject it is unlikely that they'd ask you to drop it. May I ask what you are doing currently? Is it A levels or a vocational course? You could always sit an extra GCSE as a private candidate if you wish but it may not be necessary since you're resitting maths anyway and you have to pass maths (and English) for uni so as soon as you pass math you'll have 5. I believe you can pass maths if you work hard. Do you know which exam board it is. Maybe I can help?
Thankyou for your help, And well I got a B in English language and RS and Also a C in science and ICT and I'm currently sitting a level media, law and sociology and retaking maths im really trying I'm revising a lot for maths and hoping I can pass this time however I'm not sure what I can do to pass it. A question too ask, can I still get into uni with the grades I've got and if my a levels go okay? I've always dreamed of going uni and studying law or a policing course, as I'd love to be a police officer when I'm older
I just looked and when universities look for GCSEs they usually look for Cs in maths English and maybe science so hopefully if my a levels go well then maybe

Quick Reply

Latest