The Student Room Group

How to beat exam stress?????

So I recently was revising for a chemistry test recapping all AS modules. When I did a practice paper at home, I got 84%- easily a A/B grade. I went into the exam, did a very similar paper to the one I had practiced at home and ended up with an E grade!!!!!! Any suggestions on how yourself calm in exams??
Reply 1
First thing would be mindset. Always go in with a mindset that you will do well and that you'll ace your exam even if you may not think so because it may affect how you would answer the questions given.
Secondly, just remind yourself that you have done your best to study hard.
Thirdly, I would just suggest that if you have time before your exams, draw a mindmap that links all the concepts that you learnt so before the exams you can look through it to have an overview.
Lastly, when you have a few minutes before the exams, don't read through your notes because it will just make you more stressed. Take a few deep breaths. You can do it!
Hope this helps!
-Gabrielle
Original post by nsha10d
So I recently was revising for a chemistry test recapping all AS modules. When I did a practice paper at home, I got 84%- easily a A/B grade. I went into the exam, did a very similar paper to the one I had practiced at home and ended up with an E grade!!!!!! Any suggestions on how yourself calm in exams??

There's also an article on TSR on how to beat exam panic here :wizard:

Quick Reply

Latest