The Student Room Group

Unemployed for all my life, and then i get two job offers at once? AMA

sounds about right. Although these are both voluntary jobs, and neither have been fully confirmed yet. But both employers sound interested in me, and i need to fill in an application form, to see where we are going with this!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
So you haven't actually got two job offers yet...
What's your secret?
Original post by john2054
sounds about right. Although these are both voluntary jobs, and neither have been fully confirmed yet. But both employers sound interested in me, and i need to fill in an application form, to see where we are going with this!

You don't have offers yet though?!?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
keep it up man, good luck with the application process!
Reply 5
Original post by Trapz99
So you haven't actually got two job offers yet...

Original post by Rhaenys10
What's your secret?
must be the Chinese meds?

Original post by Princepieman
You don't have offers yet though?!?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
er no

Original post by Ladbants
Not really an ache invent if it's a voluntary job. I mean the employer is getting free work so why wouldn't they hire you?
well seeing as i have previously been turned down at all of the charity shops in my city, it is good to get this far

Original post by gr8wizard10
keep it up man, good luck with the application process!
i will fill in the form after i have finishing replying to this post.

Thanks everyone.

er no

'then i get two job offers at once'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was expecting the word 'wife' to be mentioned in your AMAs but seems like this isn't one of them

Spoiler

well seeing as i have previously been turned down at all of the charity shops in my city, it is good to get this far

Why don't you just look for paid jobs? What's the point in working for free? You can at least get something at, say, McDonald's or kfc. Much better than working for free at a charity shop
I thought you wanted to do a PhD? What happened with that?
Reply 10
Original post by hellomynameisr
Was expecting the word 'wife' to be mentioned in your AMAs but seems like this isn't one of them

Spoiler

as much as i like to make her part of everything i do...
Original post by Ladbants
Why don't you just look for paid jobs? What's the point in working for free? You can at least get something at, say, McDonald's or kfc. Much better than working for free at a charity shop

Why work for money, when you can work for free? But seriously i need to get some voluntary work experience as a foot in to getting a paid job.
Original post by #ChaosKass
I thought you wanted to do a PhD? What happened with that?

It would be nice, but the phd i wanted to do would need a psychology masters, and possible conversion degree, both of which are full up for this intake. Anyway i am tired of studying, seeing as i have been doing it since 2005 and before.
(edited 7 years ago)
How have you managed to never work in your life (Im assuming you are like 30?)

How come every charity shop has rejected your volunteer work?
Reply 12
How spicy do you like your Nando's chicken?
my friend @TheonlyMrsHolmes keeps ignoring me what do i do?
Hi guys :hi:

Can we stop being mean towards the OP? If you've got nothing nice to say, please don't say it. There's no need for it. :no:

Thank you!

:heart:
Original post by iEthan
Hi guys :hi:

Can we stop being mean and defamatory towards the OP? If you've got nothing nice to say, please don't say it. There's no need for it. :no:

Thank you!

:heart:

Have you removed my post? I wasnt being mean in the slightest, genuinely curious and i am sure John would be happy to answer (If u had allowed him the chance)
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Have you removed my post? I wasnt being mean in the slightest, genuinely curious and i am sure John would be happy to answer (If u had allowed him the chance)

Still seems to be there to me? :s-smilie:

Could be a bug, can you still not see it?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by iEthan
Still seems to be there to me? :s-smilie:

How strange refreshed it and it wasnt there. Refreshed it again and it is

No i can see it now, site defo a little buggy recently
Original post by Betelgeuse-
How strange refreshed it and it wasnt there. Refreshed it again and it is

No i can see it now, site defo a little buggy recently

:dontknow: sorry about that!
No prob not your fault!

Quick Reply

Latest