The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

In the exam centre do they let you keep a hoodie on? Or do you have to remove that too, just wondering because i'm gonna be outside for like 3 hours before my test lol and I always get cold

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mm_7
but on imperials website for 2017 they said that they won't consider gcses??

anyways what about kings and barts??

Yeah i didn't realise they changed it this year, last year they were gcse heavy
I've got my UKCAT on Friday and I am terrified! Did the official mock A and B today and got an average score of 603 for A and 547 for B :cry2:
Is there anything I can do to boost my score in a short amount of time? Thanks in advance for any advice x
Original post by keenbean23
I've got my UKCAT on Friday and I am terrified! Did the official mock A and B today and got an average score of 603 for A and 547 for B :cry2:
Is there anything I can do to boost my score in a short amount of time? Thanks in advance for any advice x

I completely understand you, I've been doing bad too and mine is tomorrow! All you can do is practice your weakest parts and do some insane time practice, you've most likely worked hard so there's little you can do now. Best of luck for Friday x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by michaela__
I completely understand you, I've been doing bad too and mine is tomorrow! All you can do is practice your weakest parts and do some insane time practice, you've most likely worked hard so there's little you can do now. Best of luck for Friday x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank-you. Good luck for tomorrow! I'm sure you'll do great. x
Original post by Ninjakam119
I've got a similar ukcat score to you and I've been looking at plymouth, but the ukcat interim scores seems to be much higher than last year so I'm worried our overall ukcat scores may not meet the cut off (last year was 2610 which would be comparable to a 1960 score for this year and they have changed a lot during the years, for example one year it went up by 70... another by 110).

imo i dont think the final ukcat average for this year will be significantly different to last, maybe slightly higher
Im more worried about applying to manchester tbh i think our ukcat scores are close to the cutoff
(edited 7 years ago)

The mocks tend to be much harder so don't let this put you off!
Thank-you. Good luck for tomorrow! I'm sure you'll do great. x

Thank you!x

Posted from TSR Mobile

On Medify mocks I was getting 610-620 averages on all three and in the real thing I got 850 in QR and 710 overall! Don't worry, everyone does better in the real thing compared to mocks!
Original post by deathbeforeimmortality
I wish you all the best. Mine is on Tuesday.

Cheers, will let you know how it goes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zaydy3
On Medify mocks I was getting 610-620 averages on all three and in the real thing I got 850 in QR and 710 overall! Don't worry, everyone does better in the real thing compared to mocks!

You actually give me life 👌🏼👯 can I ask what you were getting in AR for medify?

Posted from TSR Mobile
if i am getting 21/30 on medify of limited time practice atm, what can i expect to get in the real exam?
Original post by mm_7
if i am getting 21/30 on medify of limited time practice atm, what can i expect to get in the real exam?

Tbh there's really no real way of knowing as VR really seems to go great or very bad in the real thing. However, there is apparently a thing you can use: (%right x 600) +300. But again be wary of this score as from what I've seen VR mock scores don't really count for much in the real thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tbh there's really no real way of knowing as VR really seems to go great or very bad in the real thing. However, there is apparently a thing you can use: (%right x 600) +300. But again be wary of this score as from what I've seen VR mock scores don't really count for much in the real thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ohh okay!!thankssss
Aw bless you, you're so lovely! I'm going to go in thinking it's hard af otherwise I won't concentrate properly anyway 😂 I'm relying on my QR so hopefully I do decent in that 😰 thank you and hopefully I can come back onto the thread tomorrow and not make a massive fool out of myself lol 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll do great! You got this!

Original post by Nuba123
Thanks lol, my dad's constantly like phone the unis and ask them if my score is good lol. I just emailed them so we'll see what they say. And yeah, definitely don't procrastinate - but by saying that I would be a HUGE hypocrite. lol.

Hahaha so typical of a dad isn't it!

How did you find out your scores from the official mocks? I thought they only gave you the number of correct/incorrect questions?
You actually give me life 👌🏼👯 can I ask what you were getting in AR for medify?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you really wanna know, I got 700 in one mock, 600 in another and in the AR mini mock I got 550😂

In the real one I got 680 so it wasn't too bad but I had to guess 7 questions due to time. So it could have been higher but yeah, QR is way easier and AR is similar if not a bit easier. VR is harder and so is SJ imo

You'll do fine, you've been active on here a lot and I can see you have worked hard! Good luck :biggrin:
Original post by Zaydy3
If you really wanna know, I got 700 in one mock, 600 in another and in the AR mini mock I got 550😂

In the real one I got 680 so it wasn't too bad but I had to guess 7 questions due to time. So it could have been higher but yeah, QR is way easier and AR is similar if not a bit easier. VR is harder and so is SJ imo

You'll do fine, you've been active on here a lot and I can see you have worked hard! Good luck :biggrin:

Thank you that's so helpful to know, we are quite similiar in AR then! And thank you!! I feel a little too relaxed right now, it worries me 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
any one know the formulas we need, for working out areas, perimeters and all of that?
x
Original post by Lostperson
any one know the formulas we need, for working out areas, perimeters and all of that?
x

Excuse the awful handwriting, but these are the notes I have for them and I believe in general these are the main formulas you need. Hope it helps. ImageUploadedByStudent Room1474496180.294211.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending