The Student Room Group

Favourite/Worst accent?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Napp
As per title, what accent do you love and which one do you hate ?:smile:

Personally I rather like the Russian accent and have a special dislike for the American one, especially the Californian one.

Literally in love with the Manchester accent 😍
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
That was exactly my reaction too haha. And, yeah, that was just weird and made no sense compared to the other powers lol.

i couldn't agree more
and that time when cleo broke up with lewis.. there was literally no reason for her to do this.. and then when she hooked up with charlotte.. ffs why would such a nice guy like him like someone like her:|
=)))all those feels
Original post by Rhaenys10
i couldn't agree more
and that time when cleo broke up with lewis.. there was literally no reason for her to do this.. and then when she hooked up with charlotte.. ffs why would such a nice guy like him like someone like her:|
=)))all those feels

I know haha, all those feels for 11 year old me :cry2:. And, yeah, she was awful. No idea why he stayed with her when he worked out how nasty she was. Stupid storyline.:angry:
I know haha, all those feels for 11 year old me :cry2:. And, yeah, she was awful. No idea why he stayed with her when he worked out how nasty she was. Stupid storyline.:angry:

exactly
back when i was a kid i didn't know what a bad plot was lol
exactly
back when i was a kid i didn't know what a bad plot was lol

Yeah haha, was glued to it though. :tongue:
Yeah haha, was glued to it though. :tongue:

same. till the very end.
and omg do u remember what a f*ckboy zane was? was ricki still with him by the end of the series?
same. till the very end.
and omg do u remember what a f*ckboy zane was? was ricki still with him by the end of the series?

I had a crush on him too lol. :colondollar: I agree he was such a f*ckboy though. And, yeah I think so. :rofl3:
Love Australian
Hate Bmingham/Cockney
I had a crush on him too lol. :colondollar: I agree he was such a f*ckboy though. And, yeah I think so. :rofl3:

they had a nice dynamic tho=))
and yeah i feel ya with the crush thing.. i always fancied boys in the tv shows i watched.. and i always found a girl that i could relate to.
they had a nice dynamic tho=))
and yeah i feel ya with the crush thing.. i always fancied boys in the tv shows i watched.. and i always found a girl that i could relate to.

They did. And, me too, even if they were awful like Zane haha.
They did. And, me too, even if they were awful like Zane haha.

yeaah
zane was like... a ****boy and a rah - albeit an aussie one - at the same time=))
he wore black all the time tho
yeaah
zane was like... a ****boy and a rah - albeit an aussie one - at the same time=))
he wore black all the time tho

I forgot he was a Rah. Remember, Miriam lol?

And, yeah he just looked weird.
I forgot he was a Rah. Remember, Miriam lol?

And, yeah he just looked weird.

omg miriam was such a b*tch..and that friend of hers lol..remember when emma froze her?=)))))))))))))))))
*still judging the creators of the show for the jelly power tho*
omg miriam was such a b*tch..and that friend of hers lol..remember when emma froze her?=)))))))))))))))))
*still judging the creators of the show for the jelly power tho*

She was haha, and Tiffany?
I would have just left her frozen.
Me too, it was just like they couldn't think of another, better, power when they brought that new girl in.
She was haha, and Tiffany?
I would have just left her frozen.
Me too, it was just like they couldn't think of another, better, power when they brought that new girl in.

Ahh good times😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
It seems as if Brummy and Cockney are almost universally hated :rolleyes:

Out of interest what do people think of the normal london accent, such as most young people speak which invariably leaves out most G's and consonents?
Also the 'Jeremy Kyle' Accent i.e. the one his shows guests sport :tongue:
Original post by Napp
As per title, what accent do you love and which one do you hate ?:smile:

Personally I rather like the Russian accent and have a special dislike for the American one, especially the Californian one.

exactlyyy

I don't know if I can say Irish, because I have one, but I'm going to go deeper and say accents from Dublin and Fermanagh.
Also females with RP (posh English) - males sound snobbish.
Manc accents are pretty cool, although that may just be Philip Glenister's in Ashes to Ashes/Life on Mars.

Hate cockney, male RP, American.
I don't get the hate for the brummie accent when there's scouse :laugh:
Reply 78
Original post by DMcGovern
I don't know if I can say Irish, because I have one, but I'm going to go deeper and say accents from Dublin and Fermanagh.
Also females with RP (posh English) - males sound snobbish.
Manc accents are pretty cool, although that may just be Philip Glenister's in Ashes to Ashes/Life on Mars.

Hate cockney, male RP, American.

That's my accent :colonhash: Albeit it'slessened since school :P
love: latina, arab and aussie

dislike: indian lol but it's lowkey funny as hell that's why it's not under hate + chinese + liverpudlian

Quick Reply

Latest