The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by michaela__
Excuse the awful handwriting, but these are the notes I have for them and I believe in general these are the main formulas you need. Hope it helps. ImageUploadedByStudent Room1474496180.294211.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

awesome!! thank you <3 xxxx
Thank you that's so helpful to know, we are quite similiar in AR then! And thank you!! I feel a little too relaxed right now, it worries me 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Get some sleep!! What time is it tomorrow?
Excuse the awful handwriting, but these are the notes I have for them and I believe in general these are the main formulas you need. Hope it helps. ImageUploadedByStudent Room1474496180.294211.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

also good luck for tomo! I hope you smash it :smile: x
Original post by Lostperson
also good luck for tomo! I hope you smash it :smile: x

No problem! And thank you so much! Really appreciate it!xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zaydy3
Get some sleep!! What time is it tomorrow?

I never go bed early don't worry I'll go in like 40 minutes 😂 waking up at 9 ish so not too bad. My exam is at 2pm but I'm getting the bus at 10am (takes an hour)🙄 and i don't wanna risk not making it there on time (I'm ridiculous lol😂).

Posted from TSR Mobile
I never go bed early don't worry I'll go in like 40 minutes 😂 waking up at 9 ish so not too bad. My exam is at 2pm but I'm getting the bus at 10am (takes an hour)🙄 and i don't wanna risk not making it there on time (I'm ridiculous lol😂).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha better to be on the safe side, although do be aware if you register in they are likely to call you in early if no one else is taking their test. When I did it, it was booked for 11:30 but I got called in at 10:40 and it put me off a bit cos I wasn't ready yet. Just bear that in mind.
Original post by Zaydy3
Haha better to be on the safe side, although do be aware if you register in they are likely to call you in early if no one else is taking their test. When I did it, it was booked for 11:30 but I got called in at 10:40 and it put me off a bit cos I wasn't ready yet. Just bear that in mind.

Yes I've seen that happen to some people on this thread so my plan was to go shopping (I mean I have hours to kill)😂then get lunch, and then try and get there for 1:30pm! Thanks for warning me though 😋

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes I've seen that happen to some people on this thread so my plan was to go shopping (I mean I have hours to kill)😂then get lunch, and then try and get there for 1:30pm! Thanks for warning me though 😋

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why not haha?! It'll help you relax I guess. Just remember stressing or breaking down in the exam won't help; you'll just lose time. Although there is an element of luck, those who practice lots and work hard for it are wayyyy more likely to do well. You've got this! Btw what are you looking to apply for and where?😝
Original post by Zaydy3
Why not haha?! It'll help you relax I guess. Just remember stressing or breaking down in the exam won't help; you'll just lose time. Although there is an element of luck, those who practice lots and work hard for it are wayyyy more likely to do well. You've got this! Btw what are you looking to apply for and where?😝

Haha exactly! And yeah I'm gonna try my hardest to stay calm especially for VR and QR! Thank you! And I absolutely love Manchester! Also Liverpool, Exeter (don't think my predictions will do though),St George's, Newcastle. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5429
Hi guys,
Anyone know where I can apply with the following stats:
Gcse:13A*s
AS: A in Maths
A levels predictions: 3A*s and 1A
UKCAT: 637 average:frown: - VR 560, QR 740, AR 610
Doing BMAT as well

Thanks in advance x
I mailed plymouth regarding my mitigating circumstance and resits they said they would take resits if i had a total 35 ib score with 5 in bio and chem in the first sitting :frown:... I was predicted 7 in both but im takign retakes cause i couldnt get that... I had a 4 and a 5.... So no plymouth i guess
Original post by mm_7
what if i didn't retake some AS and got predicted AAA? would that mean i'm eligible for loads of london medical schools??

A warning for if you do decide to resit some exams, quite a few medical schools say that your A levels must've been sat between two years and that they don't accept resits. Most will say on their website if they do or don't but I applied last year and all of them didn't accept my English language GCSE resit(done in the same academic year as the first time). If you do plan to resit any AS exams you would need to call the unis to check if they'd accept them.
Original post by Hutch28
A warning for if you do decide to resit some exams, quite a few medical schools say that your A levels must've been sat between two years and that they don't accept resits. Most will say on their website if they do or don't but I applied last year and all of them didn't accept my English language GCSE resit(done in the same academic year as the first time). If you do plan to resit any AS exams you would need to call the unis to check if they'd accept them.

Which universities didn't accept ur resit English language, wth?
Anyway resitting AS modules is fine, as long as the Alevels are completed within two years then they aren't considered resit applicants. Pretty sure all universities allow that.
Original post by Squishy•
Which universities didn't accept ur resit English language, wth?
Anyway resitting AS modules is fine, as long as the Alevels are completed within two years then they aren't considered resit applicants. Pretty sure all universities allow that.

I applied to Sheffield, Manchester, Durham and Leicester last year. Not sure about Durham, but the other three didn't use the resit. It didn't really matter for Sheffield, Durham and Manchester as they just had requirements (I got a B the first time and an A the second) but Leicester worked on a point scoring system and for any of those unis they look at maths, sciences and English language and then will take into account your other, highest graded GCSEs until they reached the number of GCSEs they use.

Some unis do state on their website whether they consider resits or not but even if it's still within the two years, it may still be worth ringing up the unis to check.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by .......Jeff458
You'll do great! You got this!

Hahaha so typical of a dad isn't it!

correction: *Asian dad

Hahaha :biggrin:
Any last minute UKCAT advice? :redface:
Haha exactly! And yeah I'm gonna try my hardest to stay calm especially for VR and QR! Thank you! And I absolutely love Manchester! Also Liverpool, Exeter (don't think my predictions will do though),St George's, Newcastle. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do well on the ukcat today bro 👍
Original post by Gwenog_quidditch
Any last minute UKCAT advice? :redface:

don't fail
Original post by Squishy•
Do well on the ukcat today bro 👍

Thank you :smile: I'll try my best

Posted from TSR Mobile
oops

Quick Reply

Latest