The Student Room Group

Unemployed for all my life, and then i get two job offers at once? AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bluemadhatter
my friend @TheonlyMrsHolmes keeps ignoring me what do i do?

-__- I'm not ignoring you! I have like 20 mins left of my documentary. :colonhash:

But I have to keep replying parts because the philosophy of the argument are so f***ing hard to understand. :colonhash:
(edited 7 years ago)
John teach me how to be like you
Congrats John

It's a start :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
-__- I'm not ignoring you! I have like 20 mins left of my documentary. :colonhash:

But I have to keep replying parts because the philosophy of the argument are so f***ing hard to understand. :colonhash:

Whatchu watching?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by Betelgeuse-
How have you managed to never work in your life (Im assuming you are like 30?)

How come every charity shop has rejected your volunteer work?

I've done a few jobs, and not all of them voluntary, but i've never been able to hold them down for very long. And these last five years i have had my hands full with my degree, so it is good to finally be looking foward to doing something more industrial with my life. Plus i am 35.
Good luck John.
Reply 26
Original post by Wilfred Little
Good luck John.

Thanks Wilfred. I have also been spending too much time worrying about a programming certificate, which i am having some problems with. But it looks like i can just about scrape a 50% pass, which will have to do. And is not bad for someone who hasn't done any programming in over 20 years! They throw me in at the deep end! x
This is nothing to be excited about, you're not being paid for these roles... Almost any company would be happy to take on FREE WORKERS. They love that stuff, they don't even need to actually pay someone for their work!

Only volunteer for charities, else you'll just be giving for-profit companies even more profit for nothing, they need to PAY for their labour. But if you like... Free meat yum-ee!

Only exception would be valuable working experience that is REQUIRED for the job role, otherwise you're just feeding a well fed cat.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MasterJack
This is nothing to be excited about, you're not being paid for these roles... Almost any company would be happy to take on FREE WORKERS. They love that stuff, they don't even need to actually pay someone for their work!

Only volunteer for charities, else you'll just be giving for-profit companies even more profit for nothing, they need to PAY for their labour. But if you like... Free meat yum-ee!

Only exception would be valuable working experience that is REQUIRED for the job role, otherwise you're just feeding a well fed cat.

Reply 29
unemployed your WHOLE life? how the hell you been providing for your wife and kid then??
Original post by john2054
I've done a few jobs, and not all of them voluntary, but i've never been able to hold them down for very long. And these last five years i have had my hands full with my degree, so it is good to finally be looking foward to doing something more industrial with my life. Plus i am 35.

Cool i see, im sure you will be back in employment in no time :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest