The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

The Official Exeter Applicants Thread 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Namita Gurung
I was thinking of having Kent as my backup but I live close by so :erm: I want to really avoid it at all costs :lol:

Haha! That's the reason I chose it. It's so far away from Shropshire!
Are you applying for Just medical sciences, or Biomedical science too? I'm struggling to not mention the course in my personal statement, as i'm applying for both!
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Original post by Natasha.Cole
Haha! That's the reason I chose it. It's so far away from Shropshire!
Are you applying for Just medical sciences, or Biomedical science too? I'm struggling to not mention the course in my personal statement, as i'm applying for both!

Lol I'm guessing you're not applying to Birmingham then :wink:

I'm applying to Neuroscience as well :lol:
I've tried to generalise a lot of things but since Neuroscience is within medical sciences, I've stated that neuroscience is an aspect that I'm particularly interested it.
Original post by Namita Gurung
Lol I'm guessing you're not applying to Birmingham then :wink:

I'm applying to Neuroscience as well :lol:
I've tried to generalise a lot of things but since Neuroscience is within medical sciences, I've stated that neuroscience is an aspect that I'm particularly interested it.

Aha! No way... far too close!

Fair enough, I think I will just rearrange the sentence structure to get away with not mentioning the course name. :biggrin:

We've totally taken over this thread!! :colondollar:
Original post by Natasha.Cole
Aha! No way... far too close!

Fair enough, I think I will just rearrange the sentence structure to get away with not mentioning the course name. :biggrin:

We've totally taken over this thread!! :colondollar:

I prefer the term flourish :lol:
We have helped flourish this thread, facilitate it's growth :u:

Spoiler

Original post by Mwasher711
What grades did you get just so I have an idea of what I need aha :biggrin:

I got AAB (my offer was AAA but i was still given a place!)
Original post by c146
I got AAB (my offer was AAA but i was still given a place!)

Were those your A2 grades and if so what did you get at AS?
Does anyone have access to the open day guide? My laptop is playing up.
Also, any natural science applicants??
Original post by ellie6399
Does anyone have access to the open day guide? My laptop is playing up.
Also, any natural science applicants??

It says it's booked but I really wanted to go :frown: any one got any advice on maybe trying to see it ?
Original post by CallousCleric
It says it's booked but I really wanted to go :frown: any one got any advice on maybe trying to see it ?

Yeah, I booked a place but I haven't had any more info on it so I'm a bit confused...
Anyone else applying for law? AAAB at AS and predicted A*A*A :smile:
Original post by c146
Hey guys! I just finished my A2s and have deferred my place to study law at Exeter to 2017 so if anyone has any questions or needs any advice with personal statements or anything uni/college related i'm happy to help!:smile:

What did you get at AS? What was your offer?
Hey guys, I was completely set on going to Exeter up until a few moths ago as I heard that there's many stuck up people and it's not very diverse. Could anyone put my mind at ease so I can put it as one my choices on UCAS😭 I'm looking to study Econ and Politics got AABC at AS and I'm predicted A*AA if anyone was interested lol best of luck to you guys!
Original post by ellie6399
Yeah, I booked a place but I haven't had any more info on it so I'm a bit confused...

Lucky :frown: but I'd recommend there twitter feed maybe ?
Has anyone else got a general "receipt of undergraduate application" email? I've just got one this morning!
Original post by Mwasher711
Were those your A2 grades and if so what did you get at AS?

Yes those were my A2 grades. At AS i got ABCD (dropped the subject i got D in), i retook all my AS exams for the subjects i got B and C in and although it was a lot of work it was definitely worth it!
Original post by EmilyJ1215
What did you get at AS? What was your offer?

I got ABCD at AS. Dropped the subject i got a D in, and retook all the AS exams for the subjects i got B and C, alongside my A2 exams. My offer was AAA but they let me in on AAB :smile:
Original post by Negativenelly
Hey guys, I was completely set on going to Exeter up until a few moths ago as I heard that there's many stuck up people and it's not very diverse. Could anyone put my mind at ease so I can put it as one my choices on UCAS😭 I'm looking to study Econ and Politics got AABC at AS and I'm predicted A*AA if anyone was interested lol best of luck to you guys!

hey! Although Exeter is sort of renown for having a lot of students from private schools, this definitely doesn't mean they are all stuck up! I went to the open day last year and met so many lovely people, and was also in a group chat with students who i was going to study with this year (until i decided to take a gap year) and none of them gave me the impression they were very arrogant. Don't believe everything you hear, I imagine its the same with a lot of unis! good luck :smile:
Reply 57
Howdy everyone! I've already done my A-levels and will be doing French & Spanish for 2017 entry as I deferred, any other linguists here? :biggrin:
Reply 58
Hey! I'm thinking of applying to either msci mathematical sciences (ecology and evolution) which is in the penryn campus or just the normal math course in Exeter itself!! I got AABB for AS so I just hope I can meet the entry requirements next year!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dorababy1995
Has anyone else got a general "receipt of undergraduate application" email? I've just got one this morning!

I got one this morning! Sent my application off yesterday :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending