The Student Room Group

What I'm thinking

Today I realised that everybody I know, well most of my friends are in a relationship
Whether its bf, engaged or married.
I feel really lonely and I can't stop crying about this. It's on my mind lots.
Every guy I meet is unsuitable, not deliberately being shallow but really ugly. I have quite good or above average looks, so don't get why I attract ugly people.
There is one guy I like, but he used to by a heavy weed smoker and take other things occasionally even though he's cut down, but should I let this bother me?
I just don't know what to do because I don't want a fling with anyone, I want something proper.
Maybe lower your standards a bit? I'm not saying go out with any old thing, but at least open yourself up to going on a date with someone you would usually say no to.
Though maybe not ex weed smoker who also occasionally does other things.
Reply 2
Maybe you come across a certain way that's off putting? maybe it's even your looks in that it's harder to approach prettier girls cause all guys fear rejection

Posted from TSR Mobile
You are kicking yourself in the foot by not considering the uglier guys, unless looks are so paramount for you when dating.*
Reply 4
Original post by aliman65
You are kicking yourself in the foot by not considering the uglier guys, unless looks are so paramount for you when dating.*

No but I mean there really off putting, I don't feel attracted to them
Reply 5
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Maybe lower your standards a bit? I'm not saying go out with any old thing, but at least open yourself up to going on a date with someone you would usually say no to.
Though maybe not ex weed smoker who also occasionally does other things.

I know, but he's a really lovely guy and we get on, he's cut down and he says he'll stop smoking it
Original post by Anonymous
No but I mean there really off putting, I don't feel attracted to them

You might be attracted to them if you gave them a chance. Why not befriend a few less attractive guys and see if you find yourself attracted to any after a while? If not then you've made a few friends in the process.*
If it's a serious relationship you are looking for then looks shouldn't matter so much. Having complementary personalities becomes far more important in a healthy relationship as you want to be able to live alongside each other.*
Reply 7
Original post by aliman65

You might be attracted to them if you gave them a chance. Why not befriend a few less attractive guys and see if you find yourself attracted to any after a while? If not then you've made a few friends in the process.*
If it's a serious relationship you are looking for then looks shouldn't matter so much. Having complementary personalities becomes far more important in a healthy relationship as you want to be able to live alongside each other.*

Yeah that's true. Would you also say size matters?

Quick Reply

Latest