The Student Room Group

Britain MUST take in more refugees

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BaconandSauce
they named 3 you should address the countries they named in the first sentence rather then pretending they didn't say it (as you have done in your quote)

But as you know the facts how many have these 3 muslim countries taken?

Haha no, it's quite clear she was referencing Muslim countries in general and not those 3 specifically, hence why she said 'barely any have gone to OTHER MUSLIM COUNTRIES', not barely any have gone to those countries.
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Haha no, it's quite clear she was referencing Muslim countries in general and not those 3 specifically, hence why she said 'barely any have gone to OTHER MUSLIM COUNTRIES', not barely any have gone to those countries.

haha no. not it's not clear

for it to be 'clear' you have to ignore the opening sentence where they specificity named these 3 other Muslim countries
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Didn't Mummy teach you any manners? Next time you call someone ignorant, take a good look at yourself

You provided me with that map. Great. Why not find me stats on Yemen, Qatar and Saudi now?:wink:

I love it when ignorant people try to defend their ignorance. Your quite clearly stated that 'barely any go to other Muslim countries', highlighting your lack of knowledge about the 5+ million refugees who are in fact in neighbouring/other ME countries!

But anyway, there are in fact 500,000+ Syrian refugees in Saudi(http://m.dw.com/en/arab-monarchies-turn-down-syrian-refugees-over-security-threat/a-19002873).
I don't expect there to be many in Yemen considering there's a war going on there

I think it'd benefit you to read this http://www.opensourceinvestigations.com/syria/gulf-states-response-to-syrian-refugee-crisis-a-myth-debunked/
Another thing other than people supporting taking in refugees should be forced to have them in their own home (see my comment on page 1).

What do you think would've of happened if our grandparents had runaway from the Nazis? I'm slightly okay with women and children but young fit & healthy men? (Which they all seem to be) They should be fighting for their country - the Kurds are!
(edited 7 years ago)
I love it when ignorant people try to defend their ignorance. Your quite clearly stated that 'barely any go to other Muslim countries', highlighting your lack of knowledge about the 5+ million refugees who are in fact in neighbouring/other ME countries!

But anyway, there are in fact 500,000+ Syrian refugees in Saudi(http://m.dw.com/en/arab-monarchies-turn-down-syrian-refugees-over-security-threat/a-19002873).
I don't expect there to be many in Yemen considering there's a war going on there

I think it'd benefit you to read this http://www.opensourceinvestigations.com/syria/gulf-states-response-to-syrian-refugee-crisis-a-myth-debunked/

Not that different from what you do then!

5 million refugees? Oh dear where did you get that? From the other chart you showed me? You're quite far from the 5 million refugee mark I'm afraid. And more refugees are expected to come to Europe from these countries you mentioned. Switzerland is now part of the route.

Erm no there aren't 500,000. 100,000 of them were already there working and were allowed to bring their families. But for arguments sake, let's pretend that they are actually refugees. Peanuts in comparison to what Germany decided to take. Germany's population is bigger than Saudis and yet they took on more than a million.
Original post by BaconandSauce
apparently even though you named those 3 countries it doesn't matter (I did try and clarify this with the poster and they gave a edited quote of yours show why:biggrin: basically they removed the bit where you named the 3 countries)

I asked for stats about the 3 countries you named and it's gone quite

I want to hear about Qatar and Dubai's too tbh.
Not that different from what you do then!

5 million refugees? Oh dear where did you get that? From the other chart you showed me? You're quite far from the 5 million refugee mark I'm afraid. And more refugees are expected to come to Europe from these countries you mentioned. Switzerland is now part of the route.

Erm no there aren't 500,000. 100,000 of them were already there working and were allowed to bring their families. But for arguments sake, let's pretend that they are actually refugees. Peanuts in comparison to what Germany decided to take. Germany's population is bigger than Saudis and yet they took on more than a million.

The number is even higher than I thought.
'According to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), 4.8 million have fled to Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt and Iraq, and 6.6 million are internally displaced within Syria. Meanwhile about one million have requested asylum to Europe.' So more or less 5 million!

http://syrianrefugees.eu

So 400,000 then. Your claim about there being 'barely any' is still pretty inaccurate and far off the mark. I never claimed they took in more than Germany, I was simply pointing out your ignorance. Now stop embarrassing yourself
I want to hear about Qatar and Dubai's too tbh.

I think you mean the UAE(Dubai is not a country), in which case
http://www.euronews.com/2015/09/25/why-aren-t-rich-gulf-states-welcoming-syrian-refugees-or-are-they

I never made a claim about Qatar- I simply said you were wrong that 'barely any' go to other Arab countries.
The number is even higher than I thought.
'According to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), 4.8 million have fled to Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt and Iraq, and 6.6 million are internally displaced within Syria. Meanwhile about one million have requested asylum to Europe.' So more or less 5 million!

http://syrianrefugees.eu

So 400,000 then. Your claim about there being 'barely any' is still pretty inaccurate and far off the mark. I never claimed they took in more than Germany, I was simply pointing out your ignorance. Now stop embarrassing yourself

I was referring to the Gulf states which a mistake on my part. And in comparison to how many refugees there are in Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan, there's absolutely peanuts. Perhaps the refugees aren't going to them due to lack of social security payments :wink:
I was referring to the Gulf states which a mistake on my part. And in comparison to how many refugees there are in Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan, there's absolutely peanuts. Perhaps the refugees aren't going to them due to lack of social security payments :wink:

Yes that was a mistake on your part, and yes the Gulf states need to do more.

Don't blame them. Faced between living in crowded camps where my children cannot get an education and not being able to get actual work, or security in Europe, I'd choose Europe.
Reply 210

"The government of Saudi Arabia has stated that", "According to a statement issued by the UAE government", "the Saudi Press Agency announced that", "United Arab Emirates say", etc.

Strong journalism here. I need more than statements from dictatorial governments to be convinced.

Besides, from your own link: "Saudi Arabia has offered no evidence to support its claims that it has ‘welcomed’ so many Syrians, and it appears that figure consist mostly of Syrians who have passed through Saudi Arabia, however briefly. Counting the number of Syrians that have entered and exited from Saudi Arabia does not amount to taking in refugees from Syria,” Peter Bouckaert, the Emergency Director at Human Rights Watch told euronews.
Original post by Pulse.
Why on earth must lefties be so insistent on spending other people's money? So what if you find it appalling, you don't speak for anyone but yourself and most people thankfully would not rather accommodate migrants in this country for a variety of reasons. It's not xenophobia or racism, it's an understanding of the fact that this is the wrong solution to the problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's technically xenophobia.
Reply 212
We should at least accept the children.
Original post by Rakas21
We've already agreed to take 20,000 and i view that as 20,000 too many.

I'm personally fine with immigration in the hundreds of thousands but we should not willingly import the least educated and deprived people on the planet, especially when they are neither ethnically or culturally similar. If you want more people, let's take some Canadian immigrants.

And that's called racism.
Absolutely not. Look at what Mother Merkel did when she let in many refugees (2015: 1.1 million) with her disastrous Open Door policy. The results so far: rising social cost, social unrest, sexual attacks, anti social behaviour and resistance by the general population. Most refugees are just economic migrants who shop for generous social benefits in Europe.
Original post by Tcannon
Absolutely not. Look at what Mother Merkel did when she let in many refugees (2015: 1.1 million) with her disastrous Open Door policy. The results so far: rising social cost, social unrest, sexual attacks, anti social behaviour and resistance by the general population. Most refugees are just economic migrants who shop for generous social benefits in Europe.

Yeah, because sexual attacks, antisocial behaviour, social unrest and rising social cost were non-existent before 2015, weren't they?
Original post by thickleftard
Yeah, because sexual attacks, antisocial behaviour, social unrest and rising social cost were non-existent before 2015, weren't they?

Of course they weren't. However, now they are increasing in Germany.
Original post by Duck10101
Of course they weren't. However, now they are increasing in Germany.

increasing minimally, the problems caused by migrants are inflated by almost all conservative media
Original post by asmuse123
It's technically xenophobia.

People like you would like nothing more than to paint those who don't want Britain to take in more refugees as xenophobic. What happened to not attributing a whole group of people with characteristics of a minute few?
Original post by thickleftard
increasing minimally, the problems caused by migrants are inflated by almost all conservative media

The majority of immigrants will not do anything bad, and they genuinely want to stay peacefully in Germany. However, a minority will increase the crime rate. Surely it is better to prevent an increase in crime rate and a possible terrorist
threat than to let in a lot of people who could increase crime rate and could potentially be radicalised? Also, don't just generalise the media.

Quick Reply

Latest