The Student Room Group

Confusion with student finance and NHS

I've applied for my student finance and it was not household tested so said I was entitled to £3200, which I believe was wrong as I would be moving 300+ miles away. Then I sent reevaluation form off, and they are still saying that it's correct due to the fact I am applying for NHS bursary. If I didn't apply for NHS bursary would it mean I was entitled to more maintenance loan but then I would also need to take the tuition loan out too?
Original post by DanaBrownx
I've applied for my student finance and it was not household tested so said I was entitled to £3200, which I believe was wrong as I would be moving 300+ miles away. Then I sent reevaluation form off, and they are still saying that it's correct due to the fact I am applying for NHS bursary. If I didn't apply for NHS bursary would it mean I was entitled to more maintenance loan but then I would also need to take the tuition loan out too?

Hi,

Students who are doing an NHS funded courses are only entitled to reduced rate maintenance loan and no other funding from Student Finance England. All other funding is via the NHS bursary, even if you did not get the bursary the funding would not change from ourselves.

Thanks.
Reply 2
And what is the entitalment for the NHS?
And what is the entitalment for the NHS?

Hi,

Do you mean the reduced rate maintenance loan?
If so the amount is based on where you are living:

With parents - £1744
Elsewhere- £2324
London- £3263

Thanks.
Reply 4
Original post by Erin SFE
Hi,

Do you mean the reduced rate maintenance loan?
If so the amount is based on where you are living:

With parents - £1744
Elsewhere- £2324
London- £3263

Thanks.

Yeah that's what I've been given, but what else will I receive from NHS bursary?
Yeah that's what I've been given, but what else will I receive from NHS bursary?

Hi,

We do not have any amounts about NHS bursary, you would need to speak to them directly about this.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending