The Student Room Group

Is Oxford still realistic in light of my predicted grades?

grr
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

i don't understand.. your predicted grades exceed the requirements. why would they be a hindrance? ace the TSA and interview. you should be alright
Original post by Cressiswell
I'm going for PPE at Oxford where the standard offer is AAA. I got 4 As at AS and my predicted grades are, at present, A*AA. Provided my personal statement and admissions test scores are reasonable, is Oxford likely to offer me an interview with these grades?

Many thanks,

Yes.
I'm going for PPE at Oxford where the standard offer is AAA. I got 4 As at AS and my predicted grades are, at present, A*AA. Provided my personal statement and admissions test scores are reasonable, is Oxford likely to offer me an interview with these grades?

Many thanks,

Avoid the logic modules in philosophy...
depends on ur admissions test/essays you have to hand in before and you GCSE's. If both are good they will give an interview. Then do good in interview and u should get an offer
Reply 5
Original post by ageshallnot
Avoid the logic modules in philosophy...

I'll bear that in mind :wink:
Reply 6
Original post by samendrag
depends on ur admissions test/essays you have to hand in before and you GCSE's. If both are good they will give an interview. Then do good in interview and u should get an offer

Thank you very much; reassuring to hear it's not necessarily a write-off (at this point at least!) Thanks :smile:
Thank you very much; reassuring to hear it's not necessarily a write-off (at this point at least!) Thanks :smile:

No prob, just saying, its easy to say do good in interview than actually doing good in them almost 50% of candidates get an interview, but 10-11% get an offer.
Predictions > standard offer. Answer = obvious.
Original post by Duncan2012
Predictions > standard offer. Answer = obvious.

It's just one of the many humblebrags that are posted every day on this website.

On a sidenote, I got 92 A*s at GCSE but accidentally got an A aswell :frown:, do you think I'll still be able to get into London South Bank to do Bakery studies?
Original post by samendrag
No prob, just saying, its easy to say do good in interview than actually doing good in them almost 50% of candidates get an interview, but 10-11% get an offer.

Yeah I know; one of my A predictions really should be an A* so I'd feel a little cheated if that prevented me from getting in, at least if I mess up the interview then it's my own fault :tongue:
Original post by DarkEnergy
I got 92 A*s at GCSE but accidentally got an A aswell :frown:, do you think I'll still be able to get into London South Bank to do Bakery studies?

Nah. Soggy bottom.
It's just one of the many humblebrags that are posted every day on this website.

On a sidenote, I got 92 A*s at GCSE but accidentally got an A aswell :frown:, do you think I'll still be able to get into London South Bank to do Bakery studies?

It isn't meant as a humble brag, I promise

Nope, you'll also need STEP, EPQ, DofE, LNAT, BMAT, Grade 9 on the Chinese harpsichord and 17 years voluntary work experience as Prime Minister of a small European country.
It isn't meant as a humble brag, I promise

Ah in that case, you're perfectly fine. I heard on here once (don't quote me on this though) that Oxford treats any predicted grades greater than or equal to the entry requirements the same. i.e. something with A*A*A*A*A*A* predictions will be treated the same as someone with AAA predictions. Don't quote me on this though.

Either way, any admissions tests you do and interviews will be infinitely more important than your predicted grades (provided you meet the entry requirements, which you do). Good luck.
Nope, you'll also need STEP, EPQ, DofE, LNAT, BMAT, Grade 9 on the Chinese harpsichord and 17 years voluntary work experience as Prime Minister of a small European country.

****, I'm only Grade 8 on the Chinese harpsichord :cry:I accidentally cured cancer once though, will that make up for my poor musical record?
Reply 16
I got 5A*, 5A & B in GCSEs. Is that wayyy below the Oxbridge offers or do I stand any chance?
Ah in that case, you're perfectly fine. I heard on here once (don't quote me on this though) that Oxford treats any predicted grades greater than or equal to the entry requirements the same. i.e. something with A*A*A*A*A*A* predictions will be treated the same as someone with AAA predictions. Don't quote me on this though.

Either way, any admissions tests you do and interviews will be infinitely more important than your predicted grades (provided you meet the entry requirements, which you do). Good luck.

Fingers crossed then! Sorry if I did come across as braggy, like I say it wasn't meant to; just feels like one of my predicted grades is a little unfair and it's been worrying me. Thank you :smile:

That's basics really isn't it? :wink:
Fingers crossed then! Sorry if I did come across as braggy, like I say it wasn't meant to; just feels like one of my predicted grades is a little unfair and it's been worrying me. Thank you :smile:

No problem. Why do you feel like its unfair?

Quick Reply

Latest