The Student Room Group

Is Oxford still realistic in light of my predicted grades?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DarkEnergy
****, I'm only Grade 8 on the Chinese harpsichord :cry:I accidentally cured cancer once though, will that make up for my poor musical record?

Only if you were using a mobile lab at Base Camp on Mount Everest OR the admin building at CERN, as stipulated in the entry requirements posted online. Your careers teacher at school should have provided this information to you at least 2 minutes before the application deadline.
****, I'm only Grade 8 on the Chinese harpsichord :cry:I accidentally cured cancer once though, will that make up for my poor musical record?

No you're still **** in Chinese harpsichord.. some Asians might have cured cancer, HIV and have 9 on the Chinese harpsichord
Original post by atatat
I got 5A*, 5A & B in GCSEs. Is that wayyy below the Oxbridge offers or do I stand any chance?

You have a chance.
No problem. Why do you feel like its unfair?

I got 90% UMS overall and I'm predicted an A on the basis that as it's an arts subject an A* will be hard to get, whilst somebody else in my class got 63% UMS overall and is also predicted an A. I'd just be disappointed if I didn't get an interview because of this predicted grade; I'd rather mess up my interview and fail because of that. If you see where I'm coming from?
Original post by Cressiswell
I got 90% UMS overall and I'm predicted an A on the basis that as it's an arts subject an A* will be hard to get, whilst somebody else in my class got 63% UMS overall and is also predicted an A. I'd just be disappointed if I didn't get an interview because of this predicted grade; I'd rather mess up my interview and fail because of that. If you see where I'm coming from?

Whilst an A* in arts subjects is hard to predict, I also think that you deserve an A* prediction. I'd fight for it. Honestly though don't worry about it, just make sure your PS is the best it can be and that you smash the TSA. If you do both of those things, you stand a very good chance of making it to the interview stage.
Whilst an A* in arts subjects is hard to predict, I also think that you deserve an A* prediction. I'd fight for it. Honestly though don't worry about it, just make sure your PS is the best it can be and that you smash the TSA. If you do both of those things, you stand a very good chance of making it to the interview stage.

That is so reassuring to hear, thank you very much! May I ask, which stage in your education are you at?
That is so reassuring to hear, thank you very much! May I ask, which stage in your education are you at?

Also in year 13
Also in year 13

Ah okay. You don't happen to be going for PPE also, do you?
Ah okay. You don't happen to be going for PPE also, do you?

Nah m8, Physics.
Nah m8, Physics.

Decent

Quick Reply

Latest