The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Totally cool!!!!! :tongue: I loveee english literature! I'm doing a BTEC Extended diploma in applied sciences :smile: It's equivalent to three full a-levels! :h:

Thats cool and sounds fun if you love science lol, science and me never got on :tongue:
Original post by Bluebutterfly310
Thats cool and sounds fun if you love science lol, science and me never got on :tongue:

Awhhhhh haha! Your courses are still great!!! xxx
Yea glad i can choose my own courses. :smile:

Haha! Why wouldn't you be able to? :smile:
Well with my GSCE's additional choices my family pressured me into courses i didnt like.

Awhhhhh sorry to hear that. :h:
Dont be sorry, its fine

:smile: I feel for you because I understand what it's like. My mum is forcing me to go into pharmacy but I want to do paramedical science in uni. :colone:
:smile: I feel for you because I understand what it's like. My mum is forcing me to go into pharmacy but I want to do paramedical science in uni. :colone:

My Asian parents forced me to do media studies :cry2:

:ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm posting my picture on the next thread :biggrin:
Aw sorry to hear that, its your life do what ya like and want, because its your life not theirs

It's okay! I know right! We got our whole life ahead of us and if we don't do what we want we are gonna be stuck with it forever 😬
Original post by Qaz25
My Asian parents forced me to do media studies :cry2:

:ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awhh I woulda just rebelled 👀😂
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
I'm posting my picture on the next thread :biggrin:

You always say that 😒
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
omg i cant do this omg :colonhash:

Spoiler

Why not? :mmm:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Me in my glasses :cool:

Spoiler

Awhh I woulda just rebelled 👀😂

I did rebel... I told them:

"No mum and dad, I want to do medicine! I can't use my straight A's at A Level to go into Media Studies..."

They compromised on me doing religious studies instead :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Matrix123

Spoiler

Why not? :mmm:
Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't have time :frown: or patience
or anything :bawling:

Original post by drowzee
Me in my glasses :cool:

Spoiler

You are so pretty :cute:
Original post by Qaz25
I did rebel... I told them:

"No mum and dad, I want to do medicine! I can't use my straight A's at A Level to go into Media Studies..."

They compromised on me doing religious studies instead :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awhhh 😬 Poor you 😔 I wanna be a paramedic and my mum wants me to be a pharmacist 😒
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
You are so pretty :cute:

Thank you :colondollar:
Original post by drowzee
Thank you :colondollar:

All hail :adore:
Awhhh 😬 Poor you 😔 I wanna be a paramedic and my mum wants me to be a pharmacist 😒

Naw jk man.. my parents probably would have loved for me to be a doctor but I was just too dumb innit :ahee:

You do what you want to do. Trust me. There's nothing worse than being stuck in a career which you didn't really want to do in the first place. Your life. Not theirs. Most Asian parents just want to brag tbh :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Qaz25
Naw jk man.. my parents probably would have loved for me to be a doctor but I was just too dumb innit :ahee:

You do what you want to do. True me. There's nothing worse than being stuck in a career which you didn't really want to do in the first place. Your life. Not theirs. Most Asian parents just want to brag tbh :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awhhhh no worries!!! ❤️❤️❤️ I hope you succeedd in whatever you want to do 👍🏼 Ikr oml trust me 😂 My dad goes it's fine as long as it's okay for me with family life and stuff because of the night shifts ☺️ But mum is like no 😳 But I'm like 🖕🏼
That is very true point there

Haha 👌🏼 Honesty is the best policy ☺️

Latest