The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

So my ukcat is officially done with and I couldn't be more relieved.
I got
VR- 590 (lmao)
QR-780
AR- 630
SJT- band 1!!!!!
Average: 667.
Thank you so much to everyone on this thread, I am so grateful for all the help and well wishes everyone gave me 😘😋
Advice:
VR: don't underestimate this section I ran out of time as questions were honestly so hard, I got quite a few true or false can't tell though but wouldn't say they helped much.
QR: so much easier than any mock I'd done, some questions were so simple I wondered if it was correct what I was doing but some were still difficult which I just flagged and guessed.
AR- found this hard as there were lots of partial patterns compared to simple ones, I'd say I got about 45 set A. I was never that good at AR and I had to guess about ten shapes lol.
Good luck to anyone who still has to take their test! After VR even though it was hard, I calmed down massively as I got so focused in the test It distracted me from how I was feeling. Use the DM section to make notes ready for QR and AR. As you can see I only got a band 1 once in my mocks and in the real exam I finished 8 mins early for SJT as I thought I know I won't get a band 1 but anything above a band 4 is okay (I also knew I would start doubting my answers so I finished early which id advise everyone to do for SJT but I got a band 1 can't believe it!! SJT was alright but there were a lot of passages to read compared to the ones in my mocks.
These were my mock scores. I hope it helps someone. :smile:ImageUploadedByStudent Room1474557813.370185.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by michaela__
I got
VR- 590 (lmao)
QR-780
AR- 630
SJT- band 1!!!!!
Thank you so much to everyone on this thread, I am so grateful for all the help and well wishes everyone gave me 😘😋
Advice:
VR: don't underestimate this section I ran out of time as questions were honestly so hard, I got quite a few true or false can't tell though but wouldn't say they helped much.
QR: so much easier than any mock I'd done, some questions were so simple I wondered if it was correct what I was doing but some were still difficult which I just flagged and guessed.
AR- found this hard as there were lots of partial patterns compared to simple ones, I'd say I got about 45 set A. I was never that good at AR and I had to guess about ten shapes lol.
Good luck to anyone who still has to take their test! After VR even though it was hard, I calmed down massively as I got so focused in the test It distracted me from how I was feeling. Use the DM section to make notes ready for QR and AR. As you can see I only got a band 1 once in my mocks and in the real exam I finished 8 mins early for SJT as I thought I know I won't get a band 1 but anything above a band 4 is okay (I also knew I would start doubting my answers so I finished early which id advise everyone to do for SJT but I got a band 1 can't believe it!! SJT was alright but there were a lot of passages to read compared to the ones in my mocks.
These were my mock scores. I hope it helps someone. :smile:ImageUploadedByStudent Room1474557813.370185.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

OMG, I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU😁, well done, i'm sure you're glad thats it done now😊
hey could anyone help me decide what unis to go for with 650 avg, and Band 2, I was previously thinking Sheffield, Exeter and Southampton but they all rank on ukcat :/ thanks
Did my UKCAT today:

VR - 560
QR - 710
AR - 680
SJT - Band 2

Average 650. Decent but nothing groundbreaking really. In terms of the exam itself, yes VR is extremely difficult. I didn't find the passages too long but some of the questions were odd.

QR was as people say, easier than mock exams but not as much as I anticipated - maybe I just drew harder questions though, who knows.

AR was easier than it is on Medify to say the least, I think a pattern from a mock on the UKCAT website came up so do make sure to do all the questions on there.

Nothing else left to say really, I'm glad it's finally over and good luck to everyone else taking the exam!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Louise427
OMG, I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU😁, well done, i'm sure you're glad thats it done now😊

Thank you so much! I am beyond relieved, I bought a bath bomb from lush to use tonight lmao 👯🦄 got chemistry and bio homework to do for tomorrow tho so can't relax for too long🙄🙄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ASTK98
Did my UKCAT today:

VR - 560
QR - 710
AR - 680
SJT - Band 2

Average 650. Decent but nothing groundbreaking really. In terms of the exam itself, yes VR is extremely difficult. I didn't find the passages too long but some of the questions were odd.

QR was as people say, easier than mock exams but not as much as I anticipated - maybe I just drew harder questions though, who knows.

AR was easier than it is on Medify to say the least, I think a pattern from a mock on the UKCAT website came up so do make sure to do all the questions on there.

Nothing else left to say really, I'm glad it's finally over and good luck to everyone else taking the exam!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done! Very happy for you! Think we had a similar experience then 😋

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well done! Very happy for you! Think we had a similar experience then 😋

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks haha. Just seen your post, well on your score too! You were right lol, we came out with similar scores in the end 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ASTK98
Thanks haha. Just seen your post, well on your score too! You were right lol, we came out with similar scores in the end 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! And Ikr 😋 them medify mocks though lmao glad I don't have to go through the torture of them again any time soon 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Potatoo
I am Scottish applicant. I have highers 4A's and a B in chemistry. Predicted I will have Advanced higher AAB/AAA

I'm a Scottish applicant with 4 A's and a B too, thank god I'm not the only one haha
Original post by hopeforunderdog
I'm a Scottish applicant with 4 A's and a B too, thank god I'm not the only one haha

Yaas. Thank god someone. What did you get in UKCAT if you don't mind me asking
Original post by Potatoo
Yaas. Thank god someone. What did you get in UKCAT if you don't mind me asking

I got 713 and band 1 but I'm a gap year applicant and only got an A and 2 B's in s6 which is defo gonna drag me down:frown:
I got 713 and band 1 but I'm a gap year applicant and only got an A and 2 B's in s6 which is defo gonna drag me down:frown:

Don't worry. You have a very god UKCAT score and since you are gap year I am assuming you will have **** load of extra stuff. You are sorted. Good luck. Where are you applying btw
hi i got 677 ukcat average but i got a band 3 in sjt
do i still have a shot with any london uni?
gcses-8A*S and 2As

Yeah same here
I got
VR- 590 (lmao)
QR-780
AR- 630
SJT- band 1!!!!!
Advice:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats on your score :smile: I got exactly the same total score and SJT band as you where are you thinking of applying?
Original post by OneAfrica
Yeah same here

What did you get in UKCAT?
Original post by Potatoo
What did you get in UKCAT?

My stats are
S5 AAAAB
S6 AAA

UKCAT 636 SJ Band 2
Original post by OneAfrica
My stats are
S5 AAAAB
S6 AAA

UKCAT 636 SJ Band 2

That's really good. Done much extra curricular stuff? Sorry mate I am asking too many questions.
[QUOTE=Potatoo;67706360]Don't worry. You have a very god UKCAT score and since you are gap year I am assuming you will have **** load of extra stuff. You are sorted. Good luck. Where are you applying btw

Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Dundee and at Andrews. My dream is Edinburgh but think that's a bit too unrealistic but hopefully in with a shot for the others, you?
[QUOTE=OneAfrica;67706428]Yeah same here

We're all in this together

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending