The Student Room Group

If you could end all suffering, would you?

i would not ! i think if suffering didn't exist , neither would pleasure or triumph !
what is your definition of suffering ? if i could end it , i would eliminate the negative side of suffering ! not the positive part !
i think suffering could be useful too ! couldn't it ? :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

some suffering must exist to build strength, determination etc , but large scale unjust ones shouldnt: natural disasters, poverty, , genetic dieseases etc
For people in my clique. :wink:

Spoiler

Idk I've dealt with suffering and it made me appreciate everyone around me.
I'd end suffering towards innocent people and animals.

when i hear of an evil person suffering it makes me very happy
Reply 5
Maximise pleasure, minimise suffering, why not?

Posted from TSR Mobile
:unsure:

Should this even be a question? Of course I would
I'd absolutely end it!
But would be annoyed as there are a few people I'm ashamed to know who deserve to have some form of suffering!

But I would stop it!
Original post by RobML
Maximise pleasure, minimise suffering, why not?

Posted from TSR Mobile

it depends on what your definition of suffering is ?
Reply 9
Original post by fardm76
it depends on what your definition of suffering is ?

Physical and emotional pain

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would definitely stop it! There is no doubt about it! :smile: I would do anything to make this world a better place for everyone. :h:
you need a yang to have a ying.
Yes, if I could stop suffering I would do so with a blink of an eye.

Some suffering is natural and it can help us grow, but there is an extent. Some suffering is paralysing.
I don't believe it's my right to interfere on a global scale in the lives of everyone. It would practically erase everyone and create new people with the same memories but none of the negative thoughts. I'm too much for liberty.
i would sign a petition...

[video="youtube;XY1iBuKmktM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY1iBuKmktM[/video]*
Original post by RobML

Posted from TSR Mobile

maybe you're right ................... i would end physical pain too ! but suffering can help us get triumph !
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by fardm76
maybe you're right ................... i would end physical pain too ! but suffering can help us get triumph !

Triumph is only useful in overcoming hardship, but without hardship it is meaningless

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RobML

If my massive poos had no physical pain associated with them I'd feel no sense of relief and happiness when I finished them. I couldn't live in a world like that.

Also what about the poor masochists?
Original post by RobML
Triumph is only useful in overcoming hardship, but without hardship it is meaningless

Posted from TSR Mobile

suffering is hardship ? isn't it ?
(edited 7 years ago)
of course I would
I could easily appreciate all the good things in life without suffering

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending