The Student Room Group

What types of teaching courses are there after the undergraduate degree?

Hi guys was just wondering apart from the PGCE what other teaching courses are there that you can do after your degree, I have heard about one called SCITT but but I want to know more about that and a few others.. could someone give me brief explanations on a few? and if anyone actually has completed one that would be very helpful! P.S Physical Education teachers would be most suitable for this
Original post by MBS03
Hi guys was just wondering apart from the PGCE what other teaching courses are there that you can do after your degree, I have heard about one called SCITT but but I want to know more about that and a few others.. could someone give me brief explanations on a few? and if anyone actually has completed one that would be very helpful! P.S Physical Education teachers would be most suitable for this

Hey, the get into teaching website is probably the most useful resource for this. There are so many different ways to train nowadays that it is probably best you take a look for yourself and investigate courses you are interested in!
Reply 2
Original post by StayEvergreen
Hey, the get into teaching website is probably the most useful resource for this. There are so many different ways to train nowadays that it is probably best you take a look for yourself and investigate courses you are interested in!

Thanks for that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
All courses are the same but differ in how their structured and the qualification.

PGCE - MA credits, can teach abroad with it.
QTS - minimum teaching qualification.

You can can achieve either of these through different routes. This is where it gets confusing.

University-led - you start uni late September, have several weeks there before you start in a school before Christmas.

School-led (Scitt) you start in school with all the kids and staff in September. 1 day a week will be a 'uni day' for you.

There's also Teach First and Schools Direct which are Scitts, but also independent charities that have their own structure.
Ex, SD will offer salaried positions. TF will put you in rough areas and lasts 2y as it takes you through NQT year. The workload and structure is different for each, and they're competitive with places.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending