The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Work today was a mess. Barely coped. Spent most the shift wanting to cry. Was thrown in at the deep end and making mistakes just means that I get shouted at. :cry:
If there's anyway to jump out of your own head/skin I'd love to know how...

Literally a mess today. Cannot focus on anything without feeling super angry and wanting run away... No where to run. No life to get on with.
I think my housemates think I have a drug problem. I get a phone call at the same time every night, leave the house and pick something up from the car across the street and back in 2 minutes...

I am actually seeing the crisis team who are giving me meds :wink: (didn't want them coming in my house, not ready to tell new housemates about my mental health just yet)*
Can't focus on my seminar readings at all. It just isn't sticking in my head and I have been doing them all day. Going to look like such an idiot tomorrow in class. :cry2:
Original post by Airmed
Can't focus on my seminar readings at all. It just isn't sticking in my head and I have been doing them all day. Going to look like such an idiot tomorrow in class. :cry2:

Drs ahreed to lowering my ADs :woo: :party:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Drs ahreed to lowering my ADs :woo: :party:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yay! :woo: Brilliant news! Meanwhile I had to go to 4 chemists today to be told no one stocks my new AD in liquid form, so it has had to be ordered in for tomorrow.
Original post by Airmed
Oh yay! :woo: Brilliant news! Meanwhile I had to go to 4 chemists today to be told no one stocks my new AD in liquid form, so it has had to be ordered in for tomorrow.

Tyat was totes not meant to bd a quote sorry :facepalm: the android ap is pants!!

Ahhh no that sucks. Can they get it in for next time??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tyat was totes not meant to bd a quote sorry :facepalm: the android ap is pants!!

Ahhh no that sucks. Can they get it in for next time??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha it's fine, glad to have seen it!

Will be in stock tomorrow. They phoned while I was there to make sure.
Original post by Airmed
Haha it's fine, glad to have seen it!

Will be in stock tomorrow. They phoned while I was there to make sure.

but i mean for next month do you dont have the same issue? like can they make sure they have it in from now on?
Original post by Airmed

Out of interest (please tell me to piss off if I'm being too nosy) why do you need the liquid form? I was on the liquid form for stelazine as they'd stopped making the pill form and it was such a pain in the ass.

Hope it helps you once you eventually get it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was meant to attend a revision session at 5 but I came home to lie in bed. The voices were being so vicious that there's no way I'd take anything in. Lay down and started seeing loads of bugs all over the walls and ceiling. It wss disgusting and frightening. Took a pretty big dose of klonopin and hid under the blankets until I felt more relaxed. I hate this so much. I haven't been getting much sleep this past week as I have a terrible cough which makes me feel like my lungs and throat are burning. Notjing seems to be helping with that either. :frown:
Original post by Airmed

If it's aripiprazole, I warn you now it tastes grim. :redface: I had to take it with the wee syringes you use to give toddlers liquid meds because I just couldn't make myself swallow it. :redface:
I feel like I'm falling to pieces and drowning in it all, but no ones noticed I'm gone and under the water and they can't hear me yelling. :cry2:
but i mean for next month do you dont have the same issue? like can they make sure they have it in from now on?

They can probably but with all medication I take, there is absolutely no guarantee it will work. :redface: This is my 7th attempt.

I guess if it does work I will collect the repeat prescription a week before I actually need it in order to give the chemist time to get it in. I'll just have to explain that to my doctors.

Original post by Sabertooth
Out of interest (please tell me to piss off if I'm being too nosy) why do you need the liquid form? I was on the liquid form for stelazine as they'd stopped making the pill form and it was such a pain in the ass.

Hope it helps you once you eventually get it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Trazodone's lowest dosage in capsule form is 50mg. They don't come scored as they are capsules. My dosage is 25mg a night. Hence liquid. It's all because I'm super sensitive to side effects.

Original post by sherbet_lemons7
If it's aripiprazole, I warn you now it tastes grim. :redface: I had to take it with the wee syringes you use to give toddlers liquid meds because I just couldn't make myself swallow it. :redface:

It's not. Been on that in tablet form. I collapsed. :redface: This one is apparently "sugar free" because I have to keep my weight down. ****.
Therapy is kicking my butt at the moment and I'm a bit cross with my therapist. He struggles when I dissociate (which is fine, it's hard to focus when I'm in that state) but then he wants to poke on the very thing that makes me the most dissociated. I slur and struggle to speak. I know the point is to eventually poke enough that the dissociation lessens but I hate making him angry/frustrated. I also hate how much this is bringing out child parts. I don't name my parts. Sometimes think would be easier so we all know when someone new is in charge.

Anyway. I'm overwhelmed and worried that I won't be able to do uni because, you know, a 6 year old can't do uni. Well unless a genius.
Been prescribed amitriptyline, and officially diagnosed with fibromyalgia with chronic fatigue syndrome. They're hoping the amitriptyline helps with the pain and the insomnia. They said if I struggle with drowsiness and can't get up in the morning, try taking it at about tea-time. He also agrees that now isn't the time to be coming off the citalopram, even if I have been on it longer than recommended. I'm pretty happy with how the appointment went! I'll be really gutted to have to leave that doctor when I move out for uni. I have already managed to lose the prescription though, so it's going well so far. I'll have to get a replacement and I can start it in two weeks after I've completed a sleep diary for the neurologist. I'm definitely feeling a lot calmer now, and more positive about things. Hopefully it stays this way!
Hello all, how are we? :h: Looking at courses in on UCAS (I apply like, bi-yearly and never go). But THIS time, I'll be 30 next September so not exactly young just hope my health holds up (and it's getting better). So, yeah.*
Original post by ~Tara~
Therapy is kicking my butt at the moment and I'm a bit cross with my therapist. He struggles when I dissociate (which is fine, it's hard to focus when I'm in that state) but then he wants to poke on the very thing that makes me the most dissociated. I slur and struggle to speak. I know the point is to eventually poke enough that the dissociation lessens but I hate making him angry/frustrated. I also hate how much this is bringing out child parts. I don't name my parts. Sometimes think would be easier so we all know when someone new is in charge.

Anyway. I'm overwhelmed and worried that I won't be able to do uni because, you know, a 6 year old can't do uni. Well unless a genius.

Huge hugs and much empathy! I haven't dissociated or anything yet in therapy but I majorly flipped out after my therapy session on Monday, and it's left me feeling very violated, vulnerable and angry (amongst other things) :cry:

I have named my parts and have done from the start. I guess it can be easier if you name them but you shouldn't feel you have to :hugs:
Sorry you had a bad experience after therapy *hugs*

I have secretly named one part of me, Beth. She's a little. It's a name she really liked and she looks like one of my favourite dolls. She's an innocent and she's a protector. Which has mixed results. One day she thought an OD would help because a memory of an attempt came into my brain and she saw how relieved and peaceful I had felt. Hazard of trying to get parts talking to each other I guess.

Anyway we got through that. She and a teen part protect the rest of us. If sweet, please love me, Beth doesn't work then defensive, I'll argue with you until the cows come home, teen version steps up. It's only really protector parts that have surfaced so far. I find it scary and dangerous to let the really depressed teen part out for long or the part which wants to hurt me..all of the versions of me. So I often don't give them any space.

I was going good but now I'm really low and feel like I don't have control over who is in charge. I don't feel like me. I've been debating asking for inpatient to keep me safe but I'm worried about consequences for job and uni and partner
What a flat day.
Flat.

Latest