The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Napp
It depends on these factors;
tolerance, size, weight, gender, if you've eaten, alc content, speed, age, genetics and a couple more.

suffice to say a bottle will get you well on your way.

idk what my tolerance is
im disgusting and overweight
im a girl
and thank u
Original post by EsmeMace
Consuming that much alcohol at once for your first time is very dangerous. This isn't the way to deal with how you are feeling it won't solve your problems, it will make them much worse. Please reach out to someone and don't go through this alone. Speaking to someone about why your sad and stressed will make dealing with the emotions much more manageable. If you drink enough to make you forget for a while it doesn't mean it won't still be there when you sober up and when you are sober again it will seem much more stressful. So please try avoid alcohol and any other intoxicants while feeling this way as you may think it's a quick solution that will help in the short term but in the long term the things that are getting you down and stressed will build up and overwhelm you more. As for your nightmares this is a problem that needs to be addressed. Maybe speaking to your GP or school support manager to see if there's anyone they can refer you to who can help to find the cause of your dreams as well as helping you deal with them and make them go away. Being proactive is the only way things will get better, you won't find your answers in the bottom of a bottle. So please seek help if you can.

Thank you for writing all that out :redface:
ik it would be a short term solution but i only plan on doing it once and i cant get help rn as much as i want it :/
Original post by Anonymous
idk what my tolerance is
im a girl
and thank u

A whole bottle would probably do you. That being said, my offer is still open to talk further about what's going on with you.
asking this for future reference.
never drank or tried alcohol but im down and stressed and sad inside and would just like to forget everything and the world which i cant even do when i sleep bc nightmares which wake me up in the night and what are making me depressed bc of the graphic images.
the only thing i have in my house is wine and i cant buy my own bc im not 18 for a couple months.
so my question is how much would it take to get drunk in my own house (safely) ? ._. :frown:

Alcohol is a depressant. You shouldn't drink to end sadness or general downness about life.
Original post by AlexLawrence1453
A whole bottle would probably do you. That being said, my offer is still open to talk further about what's going on with you.

thank you, pmed :redface:
Realistically, if you're not a drinker and you've had a something to eat, you'll notice it after one big glass, you'll be merry after two. Don't listen to all these people claiming it takes them half a case to get drunk, or whatever. That's not realistic.

If you've had a big meal, it might take a bit more - but more likely it'll just up the amount you can imbibe before you are out of it.

A whole bottle is a lot for a non-drinker.
Reply 26
It takes me a bottle and a half, but my friend only 3/4 of a bottle. We are similar heights and eat the same amount, and both uni students so it really depends on your mofabolism. Just make sure you drink it slowly so you don't find you've suddenly drunk too much
Reply 27
idk what my tolerance is
im a girl
and thank u

Well if you dont drink much or havent drunk it will likely be low.
Hmm well the larger someone is the more alcohol is required to get whamed.
Some studies indicate women get drunk more easily but then again others disagree.
Suffice to say spirits will get you drunk quickly wine [i find] tends to get one drunk quickly but it wears off quickly to.
Be safe though, alcohol is a toxin in any form and should be respected.
if you've never drank before you'll probably 'feel' the effects of one glass (250ml) but to be drunk? 2-3 glasses will do it

however alcohol is a really bad idea if you're depressed and anxious and not sleeping... you may feel better for an hour or two but it WILL make you feel 10x worse the next day and it can cause restless nights
Original post by doodle_333
if you've never drank before you'll probably 'feel' the effects of one glass (250ml) but to be drunk? 2-3 glasses will do it

however alcohol is a really bad idea if you're depressed and anxious and not sleeping... you may feel better for an hour or two but it WILL make you feel 10x worse the next day and it can cause restless nights

i just want to stop feeling things really. idk if alcohol will do that hence why i want to try it, if it doesnt help then i wont do it again i suppose :redface:
Original post by EricPiphany
Did you just ****ing make that up?

I would've thought 2-3 cups for someone who hadn't had alcohol before.

Thank you. Omg no one knows how sensitive new kids are to alcohol. I make my own beer and wine and I just had about 3 cups of my wine last night and it is strooooong. Basically what I'm saying is, everyone has a different tolerance depending on what you ate or how much you drank. Sometimes I need 3/4 a bottle of tequila or rum.
Reply 31
This is bs ive had 8 pints and a bottle of red o need more
Depends on your weight and how strong it is.
never drank or tried alcohol but im down and stressed and sad inside and would just like to forget everything and the world which i cant even do when i sleep bc nightmares which wake me up in the night and what are making me depressed bc of the graphic images.
the only thing i have in my house is wine and i cant buy my own bc im not 18 for a couple months.
so my question is how much would it take to get drunk in my own house (safely) ? ._. :frown:

Depending on your weight, most likely less than a full bottle. The thing with wine is you have to make sure you eat a decent amount before or the acidity of the wine will mess up your stomach lining and leave you sick the whole of the next day (don't ask me how I know).
To drink safely its all about limiting yourself as soon as you really feel it, drink it over a while and not all in one go.
How long is a piece of a string?

Go slowly and you'll find out, unfortunately, we are not wizards.
Reply 35
Original post by Acetyl

Go slowly and you'll find out, unfortunately, we are not wizards.

Speak for yourself!
Reply 36
I weigh 10st, male aged 26. Drink 2 bottles of red daily, 3-4 on a weekend day and I can't remember the last time I was completely drunk. That said I drink no other forms of alcohol other than red wine (montepulciano) being the go to.. I was a heavy beer drinker 2-3 years ago enjoying the higher percentag

e polish zywiec.. My only regret is starting alcohol at an early age and irresponsibly and this shows now in my late 20s, alcohol is great for small consumption and social situations, if its large consumption and sat on your own forget it. You'll be 100 steps ahead of me if you can understand that.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Ahuckin
I weigh 10st, male aged 26. Drink 2 bottles of red daily, 3-4 on a weekend day and I can't remember the last time I was completely drunk. That said I drink no other forms of alcohol other than red wine (montepulciano) being the go to.. I was a heavy beer drinker 2-3 years ago enjoying the higher percentag

e polish zywiec.. My only regret is starting alcohol at an early age and irresponsibly and this shows now in my late 20s, alcohol is great for small consumption and social situations, if its large consumption and sat on your own forget it. You'll be 100 steps ahead of me if you can understand that.

you may have a drinking problem mate

It very much depends on your drinking habits. And since you dont drink, you can get drunk really easily. Also, if you drink stuff quickly then it will work faster. 2 beers could be enough if you drink them in 5 minutes or so..

One more thing, since getting drunk heavily depends on your liver's ability to digest alcohol, I would recommend checking out this liver cleansing product that I use - its currently cheaper than usual, for those that are interested. It also helps with overall health. Good luck!
A bottle is nice to warm up, two is a great beginning of party. With three party may stop before started. lol

Latest

Trending

Trending