The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3060
Does anyone know which banks summer internships or grad roles are definitely rotational (amongst M&A teams or amongst ECM/DCM/M&A)

Mainly looking at PPMan but anyone else got any insight - also appreciated.
Reply 3061
**** just bombed the CS Numerical...Don't know why I was expecting SHL...
Can anyone tell me what their 'status of application' for Morgan Stanley says on their online application centre?
For the BNP Paribas application, is there no need for cover letter/motivational questions?
tbh, I still think KPMG has the hardest tests in the world.. wtf
Did hsbc tests passed the sjt and after doing the inductive reasoning got this email

Thank you for taking the time to complete the online Situational Judgement and Inductive Reasoning Aptitude Tests. We will be in touch with you again shortly with regards to the progress of your application

Anyone else get this? What does it mean?
Original post by Gman786
Did hsbc tests passed the sjt and after doing the inductive reasoning got this email

Thank you for taking the time to complete the online Situational Judgement and Inductive Reasoning Aptitude Tests. We will be in touch with you again shortly with regards to the progress of your application

Anyone else get this? What does it mean?

Just confirmation of receipt of the test. You'll get another email later (maybe in a week) confirming you've met the minimum benchmark.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gr8wizard10
i think they're brilliant. the point of them is exactly that, to cut down the pool of applicants. because i know i can beat many candidates for the mere fact that i'm prepared for them, so it works out in my favour.

simply some people are prepared, whilst others are not.. and to be frank i'll rather work with someone who invested a bit of time and money and spent 2 days actually preparing, because whilst that might not be full 100% evidence, it does show for those who don't pass a lack of initiative.

i think banks however should retest at ACs, given these tests are quite simple to cheat by getting someone who has practiced them to do them for you.

but it's better than hr reviewing 20k CVs cause that's just a long and an unproductive use of time.

No, it is not better than going through CVs. How do they even know I am taking those tests? I mean I can just tell my cousin to do them for me, he's a maths genius.

Also, the only thing preparing for these tests does is make you more familiar with the type of questions that might come up. This essentially destroys the very purpose of the tests since they're meant to 'surprise' you with problems and see if you can solve them. If you've practiced the same kind of TalentQ questions 500 times, you will not use your brain while solving that question in the test, you'll just be repeating exactly what you learnt.

What these banks to need to do is expand their HR teams and find new recruitment strategies. Greedy ****ers don't give a **** about HR since it doesn't make them money directly
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by vader9280
No, it is not better than going through CVs. How do they even know I am taking those tests? I mean I can just tell my cousin to do them for me, he's a maths genius.

Also, the only thing preparing for these tests does is make you more familiar with the type of questions that might come up. This essentially destroys the very purpose of the tests since they're meant to 'surprise' you with problems and see if you can solve them. If you've practiced the same kind of TalentQ questions 500 times, you will not use your brain while solving that question in the test, you'll just be repeating exactly what you learn

What these banks to need to do is expand their HR teams and find new recruitment strategies. Greedy ****ers don't give a **** about HR since it doesn't make them money directly

they don't give a **** about analysts either since they also don't make money :tongue:
Original post by vader9280

Also, the only thing preparing for these tests does is make you more familiar with the type of questions that might come up. This essentially destroys the very purpose of the tests since they're meant to 'surprise' you with problems and see if you can solve them. If you've practiced the same kind of TalentQ questions 500 times, you will not use your brain while solving that question in the test, you'll just be repeating exactly what you learnt.

you don't have to be a maths genius to calculate percentage differences, and i would highly suggest you read what someone has written completely before replying to something that has already been addressed.
Tests are not about talent or whatever. It's only about selecting ones who are actually dedicated to get the position, ones who actually take time.

Passing all tests demands a little preparation.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by A12R34
Can anyone tell me what their 'status of application' for Morgan Stanley says on their online application centre?

Application update
Original post by Commercial Paper
Just confirmation of receipt of the test. You'll get another email later (maybe in a week) confirming you've met the minimum benchmark.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just got the minimum benchmark email today. Whats next? Phone interview?
Original post by Gman786
Just got the minimum benchmark email today. Whats next? Phone interview?

Yeah, they call it a motivational and capability phone interview but who knows...

Posted from TSR Mobile
well that citi test was just peaaaaaak 8/12 if I am lucky
Has anyone done the KPMG 90 second audio submission yet?
PwC test with 104 questions is looonnnngggggg
HSBC rejection post (passed) tests :frown:
Original post by DaFrenchy
HSBC rejection post (passed) tests :frown:

Sorry to hear man. Was this for IBD? Summer or Grad?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Commercial Paper
Sorry to hear man. Was this for IBD? Summer or Grad?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Summer IBD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending