The Student Room Group

Big Four Applications 2017

Scroll to see replies

Anyone heard back from their EY tests?
Original post by SethRollins26
Anyone heard back from their EY tests?

Not yet. When did you do the tests?
I did the EY tests last week, on Thursday I believe. Got rejected *2 days ago without any feedback. They do say they will provide detailed feedback within 5 days.*
Original post by josh_v
I did the EY tests last week, on Thursday I believe. Got rejected *2 days ago without any feedback. They do say they will provide detailed feedback within 5 days.*

I also did mine on Thursday, so don't know whether to take this positively or negatively...
Original post by hodgey111
I also did mine on Thursday, so don't know whether to take this positively or negatively...

I thought I did ok in the tests as well. I felt like I got all the numerical questions correct, although Im not very fast, and I normally seem to do ok in verbal reasoning.*

I guess *thats just how it goes though. Always lots of well qualified applicants. *
Reply 145
Original post by josh_v
I thought I did ok in the tests as well. I felt like I got all the numerical questions correct, although Im not very fast, and I normally seem to do ok in verbal reasoning.*

I guess *thats just how it goes though. Always lots of well qualified applicants. *

do u remember how long it took you to do the verbal??
Original post by e^x
do u remember how long it took you to do the verbal??

Nah I didn't time it.*
Got an email from EY this afternoon saying I've passed the online tests and I have been invited to join a webinar before the first stage interview. Anyone else get this email? I can't join the webinar because I work Mon-Fri 9-5.30, and the invitation was to one on Monday at 11.30am...
Reply 148
Got an email from EY this afternoon saying I've passed the online tests and I have been invited to join a webinar before the first stage interview. Anyone else get this email? I can't join the webinar because I work Mon-Fri 9-5.30, and the invitation was to one on Monday at 11.30am...

how long did it take you to do verbal???
Reply 149
any1 know why the vacancy for EY Transactions is no longer available????
Original post by e^x
how long did it take you to do verbal???

Can't remember exactly but no longer than 30 minutes. It was quite kind I thought, but then I have experience with these tests and am quite good with verbal dexterity etc. as it is.
Has anyone got/been to an interview for BDO? How was it?

I've got first round interview next week. Apparently its just a strength based interview.
Original post by josh_v
Has anyone got/been to an interview for BDO? How was it?

I've got first round interview next week. Apparently its just a strength based interview.

Have you already had an assessment centre for that, or is it to come? I looked very briefly about applying and didn't in the end as it seemed very lengthy and, with a full-time job, thought I may struggle to attend all of the different stages.
Have you already had an assessment centre for that, or is it to come? I looked very briefly about applying and didn't in the end as it seemed very lengthy and, with a full-time job, thought I may struggle to attend all of the different stages.

I haven't had an assessment centre. The application process is essentially the same to the other accounting firms, except the first interview is in person rather than over the phone.*

Realistically it seems excessive to have someone travel so far and to pay the money for what could be done over the phone. *
Original post by josh_v
I haven't had an assessment centre. The application process is essentially the same to the other accounting firms, except the first interview is in person rather than over the phone.*

Realistically it seems excessive to have someone travel so far and to pay the money for what could be done over the phone. *

So it's this interview then another interview then an assessment centre? From what I gather, Deloitte have 2 interviews with the latter including a presentation and that's it after the online tests etc.?
So it's this interview then another interview then an assessment centre? From what I gather, Deloitte have 2 interviews with the latter including a presentation and that's it after the online tests etc.?

BDO is an interview with a manager in the department youre applying for. If you pass that then an AC which consists of in-tray exercise and group exercise, a 20 minute one-on-one presentation and a final interview with a partner.*

PwC is a little different. First is a phone interview with HR. Then AC where you do numerical and logic tests again, *written report and a group exercise. If you pass that then its a partner interview.

So the two are essentially the same. *
Reply 156
Can't remember exactly but no longer than 30 minutes. It was quite kind I thought, but then I have experience with these tests and am quite good with verbal dexterity etc. as it is.

Have u got any advice/tips on how to do the one where u have to match the answers to the responses for the verbal??? my friend who did it said it was hard.
Original post by e^x
Have u got any advice/tips on how to do the one where u have to match the answers to the responses for the verbal??? my friend who did it said it was hard.

Think this is referring to the one where you had to match the answers based on their formality. It was actually quite hard, easily the hardest part of the test. My only advice would be to just concentrate and spend some time thinking of how informal some of the messages are. Think about whether you'd be happy with that being sent as a professional email I guess.
Anyone applied for grant Thornton If so have u received an email from them applied 2 weeks ago and haven't received anything yet in terms of tests or video interview
Reply 159
Why does EY have so few vacancies in their grad programme? Transactions has already closed and it was only a single vacancy. Last year they had separate vacancies for valuations, business modeling, restructuring etc. Have those already been filled or going to be added?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending