The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

How are you suppose to start applying for SW when they ask you for your cell phone number? I am yet to arrive in the UK hence has no UK number yet?
Also, for personal details when asked to provide info regarding your residency, country, street adress etc. I am not from the UK, should I write the campus adress or my "home" adress back home?
hey guys! anyone know which banks have opened up their applications?
Original post by DecentSounds
hey guys! anyone know which banks have opened up their applications?

GS, MS, JPM, CS, UBS, HSBC, DB, Nomura, BAML, Rothschild

Still waiting on Citi, RBC, Blackrock, Fidelity, Unilever, Bloomberg and BP IST.

Barc and Laz will be 1st Nov.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman

Still waiting on Citi, RBC, Blackrock, Fidelity, Unilever, Bloomberg and BP IST.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unilever? Da***, that ain't a bank
Original post by Trapz99
Unilever? Da***, that ain't a bank

no crap bro, neither are blackrock, fidelity or bloomberg but guess what? they all have spring week programmes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh yeah, just gonna say that I won't be using this much over the next week to two weeks or so for freshers and all of that. So won't be able to answer anything/respond to PMs that much.

To everyone starting uni etc, hope you guys have a blast :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1027

Posted from TSR Mobile

Might sound very stupid but after looking extensively, I cannot for the life of me find the MS Spring week application :frown:
Original post by Jker
Might sound very stupid but after looking extensively, I cannot for the life of me find the MS Spring week application :frown:

https://morganstanley.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/brand-2/candidate/so/pm/1/pl/1/opp/2919-2017-ISG-Spring-Insight-London/en-GB

Never mind the fixed incone s&t tag, it is a generalist programme. Someone don' goofed when publishing the application.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1029
https://morganstanley.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/brand-2/candidate/so/pm/1/pl/1/opp/2919-2017-ISG-Spring-Insight-London/en-GB

Never mind the fixed incone s&t tag, it is a generalist programme. Someone don' goofed when publishing the application.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks bud!
This has probably been answered a few times, but skimming through all the pages is tedious. for GS SW, does the resume need to include both the CV and covering letter, or strictly the CV?

Cheers
Getting a couple of emails for Investment Banks visiting my University in mid-late October. They explain how they'll do some presentation about their firm and will offer some Alumni networking.

Would it be worth applying to spring weeks after these internal insight programmes (late October) as I'll have contacts within the firm, or should I just apply early anyway?
Original post by Sonnyjimisgod
Getting a couple of emails for Investment Banks visiting my University in mid-late October. They explain how they'll do some presentation about their firm and will offer some Alumni networking.

Would it be worth applying to spring weeks after these internal insight programmes (late October) as I'll have contacts within the firm, or should I just apply early anyway?

Late Oct is fine, not gonna pick up til then. But tbh, attending the session before or after applying won't make much of a difference.

Original post by glebp
This has probably been answered a few times, but skimming through all the pages is tedious. for GS SW, does the resume need to include both the CV and covering letter, or strictly the CV?

Cheers

CV. There's a 300 word application question that is essentially a CL.

Posted from TSR Mobile
no crap bro, neither are blackrock, fidelity or bloomberg but guess what? they all have spring week programmes

Posted from TSR Mobile

I meant more in the sense that it's not finance and I thought that's what the thread is for...

But I get what you mean
Original post by Trapz99
I meant more in the sense that it's not finance and I thought that's what the thread is for...

bruh, large companies have finance departments

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I see
Also, EY, KPMG, PWC, Deloitte do some sort of Spring week/insight thing that can lead to vacations schemes.
Oh yeah, just gonna say that I won't be using this much over the next week to two weeks or so for freshers and all of that. So won't be able to answer anything/respond to PMs that much.

To everyone starting uni etc, hope you guys have a blast :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck ma boy Prince

Posted from TSR Mobile

Isn't that basically accounting tho? Not banking or asset/investment management or trading
Original post by biglad2k16
Isn't that basically accounting tho? Not banking or asset/investment management or trading

smh, why are we arguing about the semantics of a finance dept spring week vs a banking one? lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trapz99
Ah I see
Also, EY, KPMG, PWC, Deloitte do some sort of Spring week/insight thing that can lead to vacations schemes.

yh, I've laid it all out in the second page of this thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending