The Student Room Group

Friend is having an affair and not sure what to do..?

So basically a friend of mine is married but is having multiple affairs each week more or less and i keep being told the sordid details which has placed me in a dilema..

I want to tell the husband because at this point shes literally using him for money and free board and to be quite honest if i were in that position id rather wantto know what she's doing is deplorable to me, the behaviour of a cad.
On the other hand it isn't really my business and i dont know her husband so im conserned about sticking my nose in since its somewhat out of my remit...

Any advice?!
This is why you shouldn't trust anything a woman says or does. Everything is done for their own agenda.
Reply 2
He deserves to know that his wife is cheating on him and using him for money. However, you do need conclusive evidence that this is the case. Girls gonna be denying it like they been accused of stealing that Victoria's Secret knickers, so you need to come prepared for every defensive measure she gonna take. Good luck man.
Reply 3
Original post by IronicalMan
This is why you shouldn't trust anything a woman says or does. Everything is done for their own agenda.

Well in this case it seems to be done almost entirely out of spite...
Reply 4
Original post by UWS
He deserves to know that his wife is cheating on him and using him for money. However, you do need conclusive evidence that this is the case. Girls gonna be denying it like they been accused of stealing that Victoria's Secret bra, so you need to come prepared for every defensive measure she gonna take. Good luck man

Aye indeed this being said im somewhat cowardly and would prefer to send an annonymous letter detailing it than do it openly not only because of the back lash from her but it will impact some other friends of mine if it was openly me ..:/

But indeed im just not sure how to get evidence, as it were...
Original post by Napp
So basically a friend of mine is married but is having multiple affairs each week more or less and i keep being told the sordid details which has placed me in a dilema..

I want to tell the husband because at this point shes literally using him for money and free board and to be quite honest if i were in that position id rather wantto know what she's doing is deplorable to me, the behaviour of a cad.
On the other hand it isn't really my business and i dont know her husband so im conserned about sticking my nose in since its somewhat out of my remit...

Any advice?!

Marriage is based on trust and its not fair for her to milk out the money from the man she is 'married' to, especially since he will have gone to hell and back to get
that money.

You now have a moral duty to inform the man WITH EVIDENCE, whether you like it or not!!!!!!!
your 'friendship' with this girl no longer matters! You have to forget about your 'friendship' and all good times you had in the past.

Sneak a disguised camera to the site where the affair is taking place. Put it in an obscure place and make sure it can capture everything on video!

Once you have AMPLE (a.k.a more than 5 affairs on video) evidence, show it to the husband so he can divorce that sl*t.

You would be doing everybody (including yourself) a masssssssivvvvve favour!
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Marriage is based on trust and its not fair for her to milk out the money from the man she is 'married' to, especially since he will have gone to hell and back to get
that money.

You now have a moral duty to inform the man WITH EVIDENCE, whether you like it or not!!!!!!!
your 'friendship' with this girl no longer matters! You have to forget about your 'friendship' and all good times you had in the past.

Sneak a disguised camera to the site where the affair is taking place. Put it in an obscure place and make sure it can capture everything on video!

Once you have AMPLE (a.k.a more than 5 affairs on video) evidence, show it to the husband so he can divorce that sl*t.

You would be doing everybody (including yourself) a masssssssivvvvve favour!

I dont disagree but aside from her regailing her exploits to me in person and to other people i dont have anything concrete to present, i mean i've seen her go off with guys and such but again no evidence... any recomendations?

One complicating factor is that i believe her visa [shes from Asia] depends on her marriage and i doubt i'd be helping the state of affairs if i got her deported.
Tell him discreetly, send an anonymous note or something or tell someone to tell him that they ♩heard it on the grapeviiiine...♩

seriously put him in his shoes, you'd want to know wouldn't you. tell him asap
If she is your friend why the hell would you tell her husband? It isn't really up to you and their relationship will naturally break down I am sure. Is the friend worth losing?
I would just get on with life tbh. Why involve yourself in this drama?
Mind your business. Thats something ive learnt esp when things dont concern me one bit. Just live your life :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Napp

Any advice?!

you will ruin your relationship with her if you tell him. maybe threaten her to stop OR ELSE you will tell him but dont actually tell him
Nothing because it's none of your business. In a marriage there are only two people.
Original post by Ciel.
you will ruin your relationship with her if you tell him. maybe threaten her to stop OR ELSE you will tell him but dont actually tell him

Usually you chat hella rubbish but today my man you've been making flames with your points. Well done on turning around your ways (no offence).
I wouldn't say anything because it's none of my business. I'd only tell if it was one of my family members e.g. siblings or my parents etc.
Reply 15
You have a crap friend. Replace her.
So if your hubby was cheating with multiple women and his mate knew, you'd want his mate to tell you right?
Reply 17
Original post by BigMan Ting
Usually you chat hella rubbish but today my man you've been making flames with your points. Well done on turning around your ways (no offence).

Attachment not found

excuse meeee? you've only joined TSR a few weeks ago! :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending