The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Sorry had to get in there first
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8941
Original post by swirly
£150 for a generic jacket from a brand I've never heard of. How many kilos are you moving to the point where you consider that cheap.

Not that much for a designer jacket. The same product at Moncler/Stone Island/Prada would be in excess of £250.
Xhaka & Xhaka sounds like it would be a top end fashion line.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Your friend must be ecstatic

Haha I don't do that anymore

They tried to shirk out of paying me back so I sent over a spreadsheet with all the details and relevant proof. Got every penny of it back the next day

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Not that much for a designer jacket. The same product at Moncler/Stone Island/Prada would be in excess of £250.

Got one from Reiss for 250 quid when I started uni and it's still going strong 5 years later. Sometimes paying a bit extra for quality is a good investment

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90

They tried to shirk out of paying me back so I sent over a spreadsheet with all the details and relevant proof. Got every penny of it back the next day

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spreadsheet ffs :rofl:

Are you still friends? It's why they say you should never lend money to friends, because it always go sour.
Original post by swirly
Spreadsheet ffs :rofl:

Are you still friends? It's why they say you should never lend money to friends, because it always go sour.

You either get the money back or the friendship, never both.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90

Posted from TSR Mobile

Savage.
Original post by sr90

Posted from TSR Mobile

You must have a lot of money.
Original post by sr90
Got one from Reiss for 250 quid when I started uni and it's still going strong 5 years later. Sometimes paying a bit extra for quality is a good investment

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I'm saying, £150 odd for a good quality jacket is pretty decent value.
Original post by sr90
Haha I don't do that anymore

Posted from TSR Mobile

People say you can never lend money to friends but that's not really true. It just depends what kind of person they are really - anybody who will try to get out of paying you back values a bit of money higher than your friendship so you're better off without them anyway mate.

Plus if she has a boyfriend, you shouldn't be lending them money anyway - if between them both (and their family) they can't find the money for something they need, it's not a good sign if they ask you for anything.
Original post by Jimmy Seville
You must have a lot of money.

Pls, he's no Lúcio :wink:
I feel bad tbh :frown:

I was rooting for them to end up together :frown:
Original post by sr90

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wait so the spreadsheet was sent to the friend not the employer?
Original post by Fizzel
Wait so the spreadsheet was sent to the friend not the employer?

Employer doesn't come in to it at all.

I've always been too soft with people tbh, think working in Finance has taught me that you can't do that if you want to get anywhere. I'm certainly not going to meet anyone acting like that.

Original post by Lúcio
People say you can never lend money to friends but that's not really true. It just depends what kind of person they are really - anybody who will try to get out of paying you back values a bit of money higher than your friendship so you're better off without them anyway mate.

Plus if she has a boyfriend, you shouldn't be lending them money anyway - if between them both (and their family) they can't find the money for something they need, it's not a good sign if they ask you for anything.

Her boyfriend doesn't work and just mooches off her, it's pathetic really. I like the guy but he's incredibly lazy.
I agree with @sr90 you can't lend people money big mistake. So many times I tried to convince myself that if they seemed nice/I somewhat knew them that they would keep to their word....only 1 out of like 10+ people kept their word.

Never again. You also can't be soft...because people will take advantage of that and walk over you. I learned the hard way.
Forgot how much of an effort the uni application process was. Doesn't help when you can't even find 4 unis which offer your preferred course.
I love how sr90 just went full Frank Lucas on them

Ain't no love
Original post by sr90
Employer doesn't come in to it at all.

I've always been too soft with people tbh, think working in Finance has taught me that you can't do that if you want to get anywhere. I'm certainly not going to meet anyone acting like that.
Oh okay, I thought you meant your employer had tried to screw you out of your entitlement.

I think you just need to know when people are taking advantage. There are certain people I would lend money, but most of those people wouldn't ask for money I'd have to offer, and if they did I sure as hell wouldn't need to chase them. I for one hate asking for money, I would prefer to just go without than borrow cash. I've never asked for borrow money from a friend for more than extremely short period of time, ie. till we find an ATM type stuff.

Basically number one rule on lending money is don't lend cash that would matter if you didn't get it back.

Latest