The Student Room Group

Highest grade for an IGCSE in English First Language?

Can anyone here to me what the highest grade you can get doing an IGCSE in English First Language with Cambridge, is it possible to get an A or B?
Original post by Joshuaj1995
Can anyone here to me what the highest grade you can get doing an IGCSE in English First Language with Cambridge, is it possible to get an A or B?

You can get an A* I'm pretty sure.
Reply 2
When are you taking the exam? English (including IGCSE) is now 9-1 but yes it is possible to get a 9. If it's a re-sit it depends what you're entered for. There is a foundation and higher option. If you are entered for foundation the highest you can achieve is a C.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Clemm101
When are you taking the exam? English (including IGCSE) is now 9-1 but yes it is possible to get a 9. If it's a re-sit it depends what you're entered for. There is a foundation and higher option. If you are entered for foundation the highest you can achieve is a C.

My exam is in November and I'm not sure what I can do as ideally I would need at least a B. Do you know if it's possible to change to Extended before the exam?
Reply 4
Have you already been entered for the core then? You can change to extended but it's charged as an amendment after the entry deadline so you might have to pay for it.
Original post by Clemm101
Have you already been entered for the core then? You can change to extended but it's charged as an amendment after the entry deadline so you might have to pay for it.

Yeah you'll have to pay for it since the exam is near.
What's a good way to get an A in the exam.....it's tricky.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending