The Student Room Group

Should I Just Tell Him I Like Him?

I just started college and my current group of friends was made on NCS (spending 8 days at a place, so we spent a lot of time together).

During this time I got to know this guy, he put his arm around me once walking back and was overall quite affectionate. He even said he would date me at one point during a 1on1 conversation. Although towards the 4th day he confessed to me he liked someone else and they ended up getting together. It was a mess of a relationship really and unsurprisingly ended.

I'm not sure if it's because we are in college now and we don't have the opportunity to act the way we did or he has just moved on. I'd say we act like just friends now, where as before it was much more flirtatous (even when he was with his gf).

But I do like him and can see potential for a relationship. But i'm now doubting he would reciprocate those feelings. So what do you guys things? Should I just straight up tell him or wait to see how things go ...
I think you should try flirting a little bit, and seeing if he's receptive. Then, if he is, go for it. If not, maybe just try and remain friends, optimistically.
Original post by Athena64
I think you should try flirting a little bit, and seeing if he's receptive. Then, if he is, go for it. If not, maybe just try and remain friends, optimistically.

TY. I kinda relied on him to initiate the flirting though. I'm not the bravest of people! We make eye contact a lot but I'm not sure what else I could pull of flirting wise without being overly obvious or cringey XD
Reply 3
[video="youtube;h7OnNc7ZJUI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7OnNc7ZJUI[/video]
Original post by stefano865
[video="youtube;h7OnNc7ZJUI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7OnNc7ZJUI[/video]

Well this is definitely being added to my playlist XD Thank you ... :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by KairosityKilled
Well this is definitely being added to my playlist XD Thank you ... :smile:

:u:

Tell him. :wink:
I just started college and my current group of friends was made on NCS (spending 8 days at a place, so we spent a lot of time together).

During this time I got to know this guy, he put his arm around me once walking back and was overall quite affectionate. He even said he would date me at one point during a 1on1 conversation. Although towards the 4th day he confessed to me he liked someone else and they ended up getting together. It was a mess of a relationship really and unsurprisingly ended.

I'm not sure if it's because we are in college now and we don't have the opportunity to act the way we did or he has just moved on. I'd say we act like just friends now, where as before it was much more flirtatous (even when he was with his gf).

But I do like him and can see potential for a relationship. But i'm now doubting he would reciprocate those feelings. So what do you guys things? Should I just straight up tell him or wait to see how things go ...

I think you should definitely tell him. Otherwise you'll just never end up never telling him! And making lots of eye contact is good!:wink:
Best of luck!x:smile:
Original post by sunshine774
I think you should definitely tell him. Otherwise you'll just never end up never telling him! And making lots of eye contact is good!:wink:
Best of luck!x:smile:

Thank you ... I just hope I have the guts to actually say it now XD This is a new situation for me.
Thank you ... I just hope I have the guts to actually say it now XD This is a new situation for me.

Don't worry we've all been there!:h: Trust me, if he really likes you, you will know... you'll just feel it (can't really explain this!) But anyway, it's worth giving it a shot!:smile:

Spoiler

Original post by sunshine774
Don't worry we've all been there!:h: Trust me, if he really likes you, you will know... you'll just feel it (can't really explain this!) But anyway, it's worth giving it a shot!:smile:

Spoiler

That's the issue though, I was convinced he at least liked me a little bit but then he went and got a girlfriend and now it's just not the same. But im not sure if thats just a result of circumstances, we interact a lot but im not as convinced :s
That's the issue though, I was convinced he at least liked me a little bit but then he went and got a girlfriend and now it's just not the same. But im not sure if thats just a result of circumstances, we interact a lot but im not as convinced :s

You should still definitely try!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending