The Student Room Group

A Level Results: Post Your Results (AS)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OGFakiie
Maths Biology Chemistry Geography - AAAA in AS
Predicted at A2 in Maths Chemistry Biology General studies- A*A*AB

That makes no sense you have clearly proven that you can get an A on the content yet you are predicted a grade below, it literally makes no sense......
Original post by Rigby16
That makes no sense you have clearly proven that you can get an A on the content yet you are predicted a grade below, it literally makes no sense......

? predicted B in general studies, we do it only in year13 not year12 its a full A-level. Dropped geography
Got A*AA at AS (around 94.5% average across all subjects - I have friends averaging 100%, 99.5%, 99.3%, 99.2%, 97.6% etc etc so I'm heavily disadvantaged in applications already because I'm a foreign student as well :frown: ) and been predicted A*A*A*A
Original post by nonametosee
Got A*AA at AS (around 94.5% average across all subjects - I have friends averaging 100%, 99.5%, 99.3%, 99.2%, 97.6% etc etc so I'm heavily disadvantaged in applications already because I'm a foreign student as well :frown: ) and been predicted A*A*A*A

Lol you do realise that unless you're applying to Cambridge, LSE or UCL Maths, no one cares about UMS?
Original post by TheRandomGenius
Lol you do realise that unless you're applying to Cambridge, LSE or UCL Maths, no one cares about UMS?

I am a non-EU student. I'm already disadvantaged in every possible way.
Original post by nonametosee
I am a non-EU student. I'm already disadvantaged in every possible way.

What has that got to do with what I said?
You don't even need to put your UMS on you UCAS for any course bar UCL Maths AFAIK.
(edited 7 years ago)

Why would he apply anywhere else for math than trinity college cambridge, imperial or ucl??
Original post by MathsMPhys
Why would he apply anywhere else for math than trinity college cambridge, imperial or ucl??

Ermmmm why wouldn't he? Warwick maths are far superior to UCL maths and don't give a damn about UMS. In fact, some even put them above Imperial Maths.

Imperial maths don't ask for UMS either - a strong MAT performance is the main thing for them. He needs to stop worrying about ums lol
Ermmmm why wouldn't he? Warwick maths are far superior to UCL maths and don't give a damn about UMS. In fact, some even put them above Imperial Maths.

Imperial maths don't ask for UMS either - a strong MAT performance is the main thing for them. He needs to stop worrying about ums lol

Warwick math is top knotch ngl i think theyre one of best cam oxf imp warwick id say are best places for math
Original post by AfcFob
Biology-A
Law-B
Maths-B
Psychology-B

I'm currently picking my A levels and thinking of doing maths, do you mind telling me what you got in GCSE maths?? :smile: I got a verryyyy low A so I don't know if I will be able to do it, as in get a good grade for A levels.
Original post by valdokarina
I'm currently picking my A levels and thinking of doing maths, do you mind telling me what you got in GCSE maths?? :smile: I got a verryyyy low A so I don't know if I will be able to do it, as in get a good grade for A levels.

I got both A's in normal maths and FM (normal maths I was 6 marks off an A*)

With an A in maths you should be fine, especially if you like algebra and pure maths
Original post by valdokarina

I got an A in Maths GCSE and was second set in a public school, I got an A at A-Level Maths. You'll be fine :-)

EDIT: State school not public school... damn English language
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by kieranfb
I got an A in Maths GCSE and was second set in a public school, I got an A at A-Level Maths. You'll be fine :-)

State school or public school? Because public school = Eton, Harrow, etc
Original post by DarkEnergy
State school or public school? Because public school = Eton, Harrow, etc

Oh crap yeah. I meant to say state school.
Reply 754
Original post by kieranfb
Oh crap yeah. I meant to say state school.

work your butt off , honestly don't worry about what other people think of you just go library during frees , revise/practise everyday, don't do what i did and mess up first year and hope for adjustment, i'm lucky that the others don't count but maths did so i have to retake like 2 modules.
Does anyone have any chemistry or biology cgp textbooks they want to sell or even psycolgy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous1226
Does anyone have any chemistry or biology cgp textbooks they want to sell or even psycolgy?

No but I think Amazon or eBay will have sellers who offer them at low prices
AS:
Maths predicted A /achieved A
Further maths predicted A / Achieved A
Physics Predicted A/ achieved A
Chemistry predicted A / Achieved A
Biology predicted A / achieved A
A2 preditions A* for all of them as i averaged 97% of the marks at AS which is far far beyond A* plus predicted A* in economics which i took as i thought A level was too easy..self taught myself the A2 maths and further maths in 4 weeks during summer already sat the mocks at school averaged 88%,

Hopefully go to oxford or imperial to study math
Original post by MathsMPhys
AS:
Maths predicted A /achieved A
Further maths predicted A / Achieved A
Physics Predicted A/ achieved A
Chemistry predicted A / Achieved A
Biology predicted A / achieved A
A2 preditions A* for all of them as i averaged 97% of the marks at AS which is far far beyond A* plus predicted A* in economics which i took as i thought A level was too easy..self taught myself the A2 maths and further maths in 4 weeks during summer already sat the mocks at school averaged 88%,

Hopefully go to oxford or imperial to study math

Damn.. thats really good.
Im also doing Biology chemistry and maths at A2. Dropped Physics at AS (with a C grade)
how do you do it?
Im aiming for 2A*A in Bio Chem Maths.
But not sure how to ensure i secure them grades. Ive started proper revision earlier this time although..
Original post by bobwibbles
Damn.. thats really good.
Im also doing Biology chemistry and maths at A2. Dropped Physics at AS (with a C grade)
how do you do it?
Im aiming for 2A*A in Bio Chem Maths.
But not sure how to ensure i secure them grades. Ive started proper revision earlier this time although..

always been really good at math and physics, tbh math I do everyday or every other day, so I just became fluent in it same with physics and chemistry and biology I just memorized the entire text book through and through, also participating in Olympiads you learn a few tricks from other clever people on how they see different problems if I didn't miss out few marks in bio cus would've averaged 100% across the board though, some one I know got 100% across the board in same subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest