The Student Room Group

should my mom still be smacking me and my sister when we are teenagers

I am a bit sensitive on this topic but my mom is a very strict parent more so to my sister than me, everytime me and my sister who is 15 misbehave as a punishment she tends to use smackings as a form of punishing, she does not do it that often but still i don not think this is fair or normal to teenagers, i do not want my mom to get in trouble but don you think i should tell someone like a youth worker or a councillor about this
Reply 1
lmao you still get smacked as a teenager :rofl: :rofl:

I would give my mum a big whallop if she did that to me at that age
No lol. My parents stopped doing that crap ages ago.

Smack her back or threaten to run away or something.
No she shouldn't be doing this, if you feel you need to talk to someone about it a teacher should be able to help so you don't need to go to the effort of locating a social worker. Obviously I can't guarantee that she won't get into trouble but her getting support to help her change her behaviour is much more likely.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
When I was younger, it stopped a long time ago.
That is kinda odd... :s-smilie:

I would talk to her about it first and explain how you feel before going to a youth worker or counsellor as they may take it as abuse and they have a duty to report that which would get your mum into trouble. I would suggest only doing this if you feel like it is abuse?
Original post by hunter king
I am a bit sensitive on this topic but my mom is a very strict parent more so to my sister than me, everytime me and my sister who is 15 misbehave as a punishment she tends to use smackings as a form of punishing, she does not do it that often but still i don not think this is fair or normal to teenagers, i do not want my mom to get in trouble but don you think i should tell someone like a youth worker or a councillor about this

Abs:colone:lutely!
Reply 7
You're never too old to be smacked
If you deserve it then yes.
My mom wouldn't smack me because it would do anything. Are you male or female by the way?

These will wear off, this used to happen to me every day and I just got used to it so my parents knew slapping me won't hurt and would change what I'm doing. Then you do realise what your parents want you to do and how to behave.
thats disgraceful. 15 is an independent young person
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous
If you deserve it then yes.
My mom wouldn't smack me because it would do anything. Are you male or female by the way?

female
If my dad did that to me I'd have to end him.
Jk but I would definitely not accept that at 15 years old. Tell her off and if she doesn't take you seriously get angry and throw a fuss. And this is the last option but if all else fails slap her back. I'm sure she'll stop then.
IMO a parent should never slap their child as a method of discipline, it could cause them to grow up resenting their parents. It's much better to take their privileges away like toys and sending them to bed early and ground them in their room.

Posted from TSR Mobile
female

Is your mom physically stronger than you?
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous
Is your mom physically stronger than you?

yes
Tell a teacher, and anybody else you trust about it. You can certainly tell a Youth worker or councillor about it.

If you feel like you're being mistreated, there's no harm in getting their advice. It's what they're there for.
Idk, my mum did when I was a teenager if I did something bad/ illegal or was a bit too gobby
Smack dat ass all over the floor snack dat gimme some more smack fat all over the flooor
Does she spank you hard so you feel the vibrations

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending