The Student Room Group

Pretty Little Liars crushes

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tengentoppa
How far into the programme did you get? I don't want to spoil it for you but I can confirm that he did commit statutory rape...

I finished all the 7 seasons, I personally don't think it's rape but I guess that's your opinion.
Original post by Ishax
I finished all the 7 seasons, I personally don't think it's rape but I guess that's your opinion.

He knowingly slept with an underage girl. It's definitely statutory rape.

It's just a programme as you say, but I found the whole Aria/Ezra relationship perverse and dislike the way people romanticise it.
I love the way Spencer and Aria looks.

Jason and Caleb are bae.
He knowingly slept with an underage girl. It's definitely statutory rape.

It's just a programme as you say, but I found the whole Aria/Ezra relationship perverse and dislike the way people romanticise it.

But she also lied about her age and at 16 she was in a bar when the legal age to drink in America is 21. It works both ways, they're both in the wrong. I don't think it's rape though.

She knew how old he was and pretended to be older then made out with him in a bathroom. He didn't FORCE himself upon her.

I'm not saying Ezra isn't in the wrong, but Aria is in the wrong aswell.

I'm not sure about romantise, it's probably because they're a hot couple and have a lot of chemistry.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ishax
But she also lied about her age and at 16 she was in a bar when the legal age to drink in America is 21. It works both ways, they're both in the wrong. I don't think it's rape though.

She knew how old he was and pretended to be older then made out with him in a bathroom. He didn't FORCE himself upon her.

I'm not saying Ezra isn't in the wrong, but Aria is in the wrong aswell.

I'm not sure about romantise, it's probably because they're a hot couple and have a lot of chemistry.

Ezra knew she was underage since he actively went after her in order to write his book on Alison. He knew she was Alison's friend, it wasn't some chance meeting at the bar. He sexually assaulted her that night since, as a minor, she did not have the capacity to consent.
Ezra knew she was underage since he actively went after her in order to write his book on Alison. He knew she was Alison's friend, it wasn't some chance meeting at the bar. He sexually assaulted her that night since, as a minor, she did not have the capacity to consent.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree, at 16 she knew what she was doing and she was aware of his age. It's not like he pretended to be 16, he asked her about her college and everything. She does have the capacity to consent, if he wasn't revealed to be her teacher after then it wouldn't have been as bad.

In hindsight, they both lied and are perfect for each other.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest