The Student Room Group

Access course assignment

Hey guys!

Has anyone been set an assignment yet on any access course?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Craig Beardsley
Hey guys!

Has anyone been set an assignment yet on any access course?

Yep, I'm on my second, third and fourth right now :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Yes I have 3, Law, Criminology and Sociology. Our board is Ascentis
Original post by KMLeeson
Yep, I'm on my second, third and fourth right now :smile:

Really, wow

How did you do on your first assignment.

I am dreading my first assignment, as i never ever done one before
Original post by rebeccabyrne91
Yes I have 3, Law, Criminology and Sociology. Our board is Ascentis

Bloody hell, already

Our board is cava but we havent been set anything, only a task on brexit which was ungraded.

What course are you studying
Bloody hell, already

Our board is cava but we havent been set anything, only a task on brexit which was ungraded.

What course are you studying

Access to Higher Education: Legal Studies

Our first assignment on each subject is ungraded, it is just pass or fail, worth 3 credits.
Access to Higher Education: Legal Studies

Our first assignment on each subject is ungraded, it is just pass or fail, worth 3 credits.

Ok. May i ask you about the sociology assignment. What did you have to do?
Ok. May i ask you about the sociology assignment. What did you have to do?

I haven't started it yet, but it's basically compare and contrast 2 cultures, one being british and one being a chosen culture of your own, and discuss the differences between them both in regards to family, health, and education.
I haven't started it yet, but it's basically compare and contrast 2 cultures, one being british and one being a chosen culture of your own, and discuss the differences between them both in regards to family, health, and education.

Oh, ok seems very interesting. Ive literally never ever done an assignmrnt before so in that regards i will struggle

I am already thinking in thriwing in the towell.

Good luck to you!
Oh, ok seems very interesting. Ive literally never ever done an assignmrnt before so in that regards i will struggle

Good luck to you!

Stop getting yourself in a panic. Anyone is perfectly capable of doing an assignment.

Just answer the question.
If its essay based, then its beginning, middle and an end.

There are many books to help you understand how to write an essay(am assuming its an essay). Everyone starts somewhere. If you have attended your class and done the work, then you will understand the topic. The essay is just asking you for an opinion on one aspect of that. Nothing to be scared of. Just start with baby steps.

As you write more essays then you will realise you can do it. Much too early to be thinking negative thoughts, when am sure you will be quite capable.
Original post by 999tigger
Stop getting yourself in a panic. Anyone is perfectly capable of doing an assignment.

Just answer the question.
If its essay based, then its beginning, middle and an end.

There are many books to help you understand how to write an essay(am assuming its an essay). Everyone starts somewhere. If you have attended your class and done the work, then you will understand the topic. The essay is just asking you for an opinion on one aspect of that. Nothing to be scared of. Just start with baby steps.

As you write more essays then you will realise you can do it. Much too early to be thinking negative thoughts, when am sure you will be quite capable.

I know what you re saying and thank you for ypur support!

I have attended every lesson so far but having trouble of understanding every lesson. I am studying access to social work so i am studying; sociology, psychology, law, criminolgy, health and sociol care. Plus maths 5 hours of maths.

So i am starting to feel the pressure. I have dyselxia and i struggle reading it takes me so long to read a paragraph to another student. At the minute we are studying karl marx theory on religion and we have to present a presentation to the class next week. Now i have been researching the topic and dont quite get it context from the books and now i am really starting to self doubt my self and labelling myself on what others have labelled me in the past and present as THICK" and now, i guess i am self full filling prohescy.
I have one on the skeletal system for 1250 words.
Pretty easy its just copying info from books but rewording it to avoid the plagiarism tool.
Original post by AccessToUni25
I have one on the skeletal system for 1250 words.
Pretty easy its just copying info from books but rewording it to avoid the plagiarism tool.

Be careful with that. Whilst it's true you have to reword stuff you have to do it in a way that shows you understand the concepts. If it just looks like you've thrown a thesaurus at a paragraph from a text book without understanding it they will suss it out really quickly.
Original post by Alan1980
Be careful with that. Whilst it's true you have to reword stuff you have to do it in a way that shows you understand the concepts. If it just looks like you've thrown a thesaurus at a paragraph from a text book without understanding it they will suss it out really quickly.

Well you have to read what you're copying from so you learn it that way anyway.
Coupled with the weekly lessons covering the same topic and you can't really do what I suggested without understanding it unless you don't have the ability to store information or just dont listen.

Thats the best thing about science Access, science is facts, you never have to say, 'in my opinion', and get something wrong in an essay.
Original post by AccessToUni25
Well you have to read what you're copying from so you learn it that way anyway.
Coupled with the weekly lessons covering the same topic and you can't really do what I suggested without understanding it unless you don't have the ability to store information or just dont listen.

Thats the best thing about science Access, science is facts, you never have to say, 'in my opinion', and get something wrong in an essay.

Depends on the course and topic, even within science. I've just done my access to med and plenty of people struggled with assignments bacause they didn't read around the subject enough and their assignments just read like they'd throw a scientific dictionary at a piece of paper. It was clear they had no understanding.

Good luck to you!

Noooo don't do it you'll regret it! You may not have written before, but if you wasn't capable they wouldn't allow you on the course! Things that may help are essay plans and structures before you start so you know what you're aiming for, stuck on an introduction? re-write the question and learning outcomes! Do drafts so you can get pointers from your teachers :smile: reference lots (I know a few tricks!) so if you need ANY help at all, i'm happy to help just message me :smile: But PLEASE don't just throw in the towel, you'll be fine :smile:
Noooo don't do it you'll regret it! You may not have written before, but if you wasn't capable they wouldn't allow you on the course! Things that may help are essay plans and structures before you start so you know what you're aiming for, stuck on an introduction? re-write the question and learning outcomes! Do drafts so you can get pointers from your teachers :smile: reference lots (I know a few tricks!) so if you need ANY help at all, i'm happy to help just message me :smile: But PLEASE don't just throw in the towel, you'll be fine :smile:

Thank you, rebecca, for your kind words.
Thank you, rebecca, for your kind words.

Anytime :smile: My dream is to one day be a teacher, so I guess I could do with some experience haha :smile:
Anytime :smile: My dream is to one day be a teacher, so I guess I could do with some experience haha :smile:

Lol. In that case, i am glad to assist you!

With a posative attitude like yours, your dream will soon turn into reality.

That sounds nicer than mine, I have to compare three cultural theories, so absolutism, relativism and soft relativism! Seeming that I didn't even know what sociology was a week ago, this is going to be fun! Fancy swapping? 😝

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending