The Student Room Group

What is a competitive score for the RAF CBAT for pilot?

Scroll to see replies

There is no competitive score. I have friends who have scored 113, 1 mark above the cut off. Others I know have got 175. Both were successful.
Original post by Anderson134353
There is no competitive score. I have friends who have scored 113, 1 mark above the cut off. Others I know have got 175. Both were successful.

At the moment. The "moment" though is a bit of a freak though as post SDSR 15 the requirement, and hence the entry taps, had to opened fully (in light of the previous redundancy programme*). Whether it continues in the long term is another matter; it'll take a year or so at least to settle down.

*it's worth noting that last autumn some of those made redundant in 2011 were invited to rejoin despite most being well above the upper age cut off by that point. That is an indicator of how much the recruitment tap had to open.
Reply 42
Original post by Fritz Lansen
At the moment. The "moment" though is a bit of a freak though as post SDSR 15 the requirement, and hence the entry taps, had to opened fully (in light of the previous redundancy programme*). Whether it continues in the long term is another matter; it'll take a year or so at least to settle down.

*it's worth noting that last autumn some of those made redundant in 2011 were invited to rejoin despite most being well above the upper age cut off by that point. That is an indicator of how much the recruitment tap had to open.

Out of pure interest, if you happen to know, is that due to a lack of suitable candidates or a large outflow?
Original post by NFI
Out of pure interest, if you happen to know, is that due to a lack of suitable candidates or a large outflow?

I suspect it was a time and money saving option that was explored - some of those made redundant in 2011 had already been awarded their "wings" and would be very low "risk" to bring back into the training system and suitable "short cuts" in their training could have been identified. I don't know of any who came back - many, if not most, have ATPLs and civvy jobs now.

As with all these things, it's cyclical. For a while you could have got 175 in the CBAT and you weren't competitive (let alone 112 or 125 or 149).

Quick Reply

Latest