The Student Room Group

my mom is too strict to my 15 year old sister

i am a bit worried about my mom, she is a very strict controlling parent especially to my 15 year old sister, I know she means well but i think she is she is gone to far, I know this was very naughty she got herself drunk, when my mom found out she continually smacked her which I thought was off, alsio when she misbehaves mom will as a punishment look her in her bedroom for about 2 hours, I know she can a bit of a bloody handfull at times but moms behaviour is also very very over the top any advice on this because my sister feels mom is being cruel and mean any help on how I can sort this out because it is good that my mom is strict to both of us but not like this
Original post by hunter king
i am a bit worried about my mom, she is a very strict controlling parent especially to my 15 year old sister, I know she means well but i think she is she is gone to far, I know this was very naughty she got herself drunk, when my mom found out she continually smacked her which I thought was off, alsio when she misbehaves mom will as a punishment look her in her bedroom for about 2 hours, I know she can a bit of a bloody handfull at times but moms behaviour is also very very over the top any advice on this because my sister feels mom is being cruel and mean any help on how I can sort this out because it is good that my mom is strict to both of us but not like this

Did you say you were 27 or 28? If so, you are in a position to intervene I think.
Original post by hunter king

If your over 18 you can try and do something about it.
My mum is the same to me. I just try to keep her happy, even though it's very difficult. I'm 16. :s-smilie: Maybe you should try sitting down with your mum and telling her that it's not right. I don't have anyone to say it for me so I've never said anything. I said one thing yesterday and that was that 'I'm 16, not 5 mum so stop being so controlling, I have a life to live'. But I don't think she gets the message but oh well. :colonhash:
Parents go through slot of trouble trying to raise us. At time, when we do things that actually makes them feel disrespected.... Both your mom and sister need counseling on how to effectively deal such. Just ask your sister what she could do if her 15 year old daughter, who she feeds, gives a roof, provides everything for, disrespected her by drinking... and dis-obeying her.
Reply 5
Harry Potter was made to live in a cupboard and was treated as a freak. He turned out alright.
Original post by Davalla
Harry Potter was made to live in a cupboard and was treated as a freak. He turned out alright.

It's a movie though :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending