The Student Room Group

Volunteering at a care home help!?!

hi, I am looking to volunteer in a care home but I'm having some difficulty doing this. Can anyone recommend any care homes in London?
And how would I go about asking them about volunteering there. like what would I say when I call them?

Most of the care home I have looked at haven't got an email address , mainly just a phone number. I really want to volunteer so I need some sort of direction.
Thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bluepearl7
hi, I am looking to volunteer in a care home but I', having some difficulty doing this. Can anyone recommend any care homes in London?
And how would I ask them about volunteering there. like hat would I say when I call them?
Thanks

Just choose one that is near to you if you can; it might be a better idea to send a covering letter outlining all the reasons you want to volunteer there. Don't forget to be polite but concise and have perfect grammar and spelling
Reply 2
Thanks, but the thing is most of the care homes in my area don't give out an email for some reason so they mainly just have a phone number.That's why I'm a bit lost on how to approach them and ask about volunteering there.
Thanks, but the thing is most of the care homes in my area don't give out an email for some reason so they mainly just have a phone number.That's why I'm a bit lost on how to approach them and ask about volunteering there.

Okay, just ring them up, be polite and introduce yourself. Just say something like .'hello, my name is x and I'm just ringing to inquire if there are any positions avaliable for volunteers at x care home?'' Then if they ask why state your reasons clearly
Reply 4
Okay, thanks so much.I'll try doing that then.
Okay, thanks so much.I'll try doing that then.

Best of wishes with getting your voluntary work done! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest