The Student Room Group

How many GCSEs is reasonable in 1 sitting?

I'm self studying and probably doing iGCSEs actually, and I can take them in November and June.

How many GCSEs is reasonable to do in one sitting? I'm aiming for top grades ofc. I've read 3 to 5?
I did 13 GCSE's this year (12 GCSE's, 1 IGCSE). 23 exams in total. If I had a choice I would have done 10 (our school made us do the IGCSE and 2 other subjects) so I would have had 17 exams instead.
Original post by PrinceHarrys
I'm self studying and probably doing iGCSEs actually, and I can take them in November and June.

How many GCSEs is reasonable to do in one sitting? I'm aiming for top grades ofc. I've read 3 to 5?

I would say 3 at the most
Original post by amyjf
I did 13 GCSE's this year (12 GCSE's, 1 IGCSE). 23 exams in total. If I had a choice I would have done 10 (our school made us do the IGCSE and 2 other subjects) so I would have had 17 exams instead.

Thanks, I thought you were going into A2 though? :smile:
Original post by PrinceHarrys
Thanks, I thought you were going into A2 though? :smile:

We don't do AS levels at my school anymore so it is straight to A2 even though I'm Year 12.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is this a resit or your first time
Original post by Inspiringvisons
Is this a resit or your first time

First time but I'm a mature student and did other qualifications in my country. Got the equivalent of As at A level but a few years back

The unis I want to apply to are fussy about GCSEs tho.
What courses are you applying to...

Quick Reply