The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mathcon
Hi,

I have just given Maths and Further Maths AS level exams. I do not plan to certificate these, but continue them onto A-level. Therefore, how do I enter them onto UCAS? Do I enter them under A-level, with overall grade pending and then add the three module grades for each of them?
@jneill

CLR is more knowledgeable about this but yes i think that is what you should do.
Original post by mathcon
Hi,

I have just given Maths and Further Maths AS level exams. I do not plan to certificate these, but continue them onto A-level. Therefore, how do I enter them onto UCAS? Do I enter them under A-level, with overall grade pending and then add the three module grades for each of them?
@jneill

Candidates don't usually decide whether exams are certificates - that decision is made by your exam centre when they enter you for your exams.

If your AS results have been certificated then you need to include them. If they haven't then you can only include them as modules under a pending A level.

Check your results slip - if there is an overall AS grade then your results were certificated.

If you aren't sure based on your results slip speak to your exam centre to find out if the exams were certificated.
Original post by PQ
Candidates don't usually decide whether exams are certificates - that decision is made by your exam centre when they enter you for your exams.

If your AS results have been certificated then you need to include them. If they haven't then you can only include them as modules under a pending A level.

Check your results slip - if there is an overall AS grade then your results were certificated.

If you aren't sure based on your results slip speak to your exam centre to find out if the exams were certificated.

Yeah, I know that's why I told my exams officer not to certificate them, as I'm continuing them onto A-level. All the grades on my slip were individually given. So, I'll just enter them onto the pending A-level as individual module grades, for sure right?
Original post by mathcon
Yeah, I know that's why I told my exams officer not to certificate them, as I'm continuing them onto A-level. All the grades on my slip were individually given. So, I'll just enter them onto the pending A-level as individual module grades, for sure right?

If you didn't have any overall grades then you are OK, but if you are at a state school they have almost certainly cashed you in as there are funding implications if they don't. If in doubt, ask your school.
I resat an exam for AS chemistry and the exam didn't change my overall grade, though the exam itself went up from a C to an A. Would I input AS chemistry in twice then?
I am going to be sitting STEP this year, do I need to put it as pending or not bother?
Original post by carly1999
I am going to be sitting STEP this year, do I need to put it as pending or not bother?

Pending.
How do we enter reformed AS levels on UCAS?

For maths, do we enter the moduels we got for AS separately (they were cashed in) AND for when sticking A2 in?
Original post by Jitesh

For maths, do we enter the moduels we got for AS separately (they were cashed in) AND for when sticking A2 in?

I am wondering exactly the same thing - as it stands I have entered my AS Maths as normal with AS modules, and then put both the AS AND A2 modules in for the A2 entry. Anyone got any ideas?
Original post by dfbenjamin
I am wondering exactly the same thing - as it stands I have entered my AS Maths as normal with AS modules, and then put both the AS AND A2 modules in for the A2 entry. Anyone got any ideas?

I've done the same. What have u done with reformed linear AS grades?
Original post by Jitesh
I've done the same. What have u done with reformed linear AS grades?

I've entered them as AS levels (is there another option?)
I've entered them as AS levels (is there another option?)

I have as well, but that is designed for modular AS where you did 3 components (practical was assessed at AS, for example, in science AS)

UCAS seem to not have updated it for the reformed AS subjects! wow
Original post by Jitesh
I have as well, but that is designed for modular AS where you did 3 components (practical was assessed at AS, for example, in science AS)

UCAS seem to not have updated it for the reformed AS subjects! wow

I've just filled in 2 modules (each of the exams). You don't have to enter 3
I've just filled in 2 modules (each of the exams). You don't have to enter 3

Oh, thought it would come up with errors as all three aren't filled
I know someone who got a U in an additional maths qualification (FMSQ) i think they took in year 11 and they haven't declared that, is that bad?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jitesh

This is explained on the first post.

A2 is not a qualification. AS is a qualification and A level is a qualification. In the case of maths AS is made up of 3 modules, A level is made up of 6 modules.
Original post by PQ

A2 is not a qualification. AS is a qualification and A level is a qualification. In the case of maths AS is made up of 3 modules, A level is made up of 6 modules.

Hey, sorry to burst in, but just to clarify would the AS maths I took in the summer go under the 'AS' option? I know its a silly question but I'd rather embarrass myself now instead of after the deadline.
Original post by KloppOClock
I know someone who got a U in an additional maths qualification (FMSQ) i think they took in year 11 and they haven't declared that, is that bad?

:bump:
Original post by PQ

Thanks for your reply
Just want to clarify that there is no different option for reformed linear AS subjects, compared to the old unreformed AS??
They are both 'GCE Advanced Subsidiary' ?
I had them 'certificated', so should i put them once as AS and once at A2? thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending