The Student Room Group

will i get into uni with these grades?

BCU
I'm feeling a bit apprehensive because I really do want to go to university next year, but I feel like the U would let me down :/
Reply 1
Did you drop the U subject ot are you carrying it on? Also depends on your predicted grades.
Original post by DeepMeaning
BCU
I'm feeling a bit apprehensive because I really do want to go to university next year, but I feel like the U would let me down :/

The "U" means you failed in that subject, if you had at least a D then you'd have a chance to go to university, I've seen people with DDEs get into uni. But a "U" doesn't even count as an AS/A level. It's as if you've only done two A levels. Unless you have some extenuating circumstances to to explain the grade you're going to have to take the subject again unless you aim for a really low tier university...
Original post by ed98
Did you drop the U subject ot are you carrying it on? Also depends on your predicted grades.

I'm carrying the U subject on
Reply 4
Original post by DeepMeaning
BCU

You should carry on the two subjects and perhaps drop the U and pick up another AS which may be easier. Then next year apply through clearing as some uni's may consider 2 A Levels and an AS (as long as you have decent grades!)

Quick Reply

Latest