The Student Room Group

Are humans beings more important than animals?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Importance is subjective. It just depends, important to who? To the universe everything is equally unimportant. If you want to think in terms of nature then let's be fair, if all animals disappear then everything goes to hell, but it's not hard to imagine how much good the extinction of humans would do to the planet. To me, animals are more important. Though it's more instinctive to put your own species before any others.
Original post by Zuki
Well, a dog has never lied to me or betrayed me or murdered me, at most; sh*t in front of me

I'm going to take a wild shot and guess that a human hasn't murdered you yet either!
To each other, yes.

In the grander scale of things, no. Nothing is more/less important really.
Reply 23
Original post by Another
I'm going to take a wild shot and guess that a human hasn't murdered you yet either!

You win this time :hmmm:
I think if you could save a squirrel or a human, you should save the human (provided it's not a scummy human), because the death of a human causes much suffering to other humans, and yanno we should save our own.

But in terms of keeping the entire human race alive, I'm not so sure... It'd be nice to start over without religion and instead simply respect the land we live in (and it's other inhabitants)...

In terms of importance to the planet then god, no.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending