The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shopaholic123
Thank you

What's the VR cut off for Warwick? *

They use the national average for VR as cut off each year so do check that before applying. After that they rank by combined average.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lostperson
have u done yours? xx

It's on Tuesday.
Original post by michaela__
I was just going off of this but thank you! Gonna research them all this weekend anyway!ImageUploadedByStudent Room1474583132.188982.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Guys this table is inaccurate btw. Email the Universities themselves to be 100% sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by deathbeforeimmortality
It's on Tuesday.

good luck :smile: x
Original post by HeyaG
Thank you so much.. I got 13A*s but I feel I am leaning towards Oxford but still don't know. Any major differences I need to know about e.g. the course or life at the two diff unis?

Oxford are obsessed with GCSEs. You have a very good shot at it. The courses are pretty similar afaik. Just look up their websites.
heyy guys!!! for those who have done the test, how bad was the VR section??? i really am struggling and want to know if u have any advice
Original post by shopaholic123
Hey guys,

Can someone please confirm with me, do universities look at your average UKCAT score or do they look at each sub section?*

The universities in question are Newcastle, Barts and Warwick. *

Newcastle look at your average. Last year their minimum was 682.5
Hey guys. Can anyone help me with this question? Im really struggling to pictur how it fits in place. Apparentley set a is a 4 by 4 square and set b is a 5 by 5 l shape with 2 layers. Thanks!

Original post by ASTK98
Guys this table is inaccurate btw. Email the Universities themselves to be 100% sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, I've had to make my own word document for the uni's I want! It was good to start off with though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cookiemunch12
Hey guys. Can anyone help me with this question? Im really struggling to pictur how it fits in place. Apparentley set a is a 4 by 4 square and set b is a 5 by 5 l shape with 2 layers. Thanks!

It doesn't fit in place. It doesn't follow the pattern of either set, hence why it is neither.
I contacted a uni if I had to adapt my application for my 5th option but they said that I should gear my application for and that it wouldn't affect anything. Find a course and email that uni about your plans they should let you know within a few days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mm_7
heyy guys!!! for those who have done the test, how bad was the VR section??? i really am struggling and want to know if u have any advice

It was hard but nothing out of the ordinary. If you've done your preparation and have a plan, it partly tests your mentality i believe. How you can keep calm under immense pressure and execute your plan. If you keep your nerves under control that is the biggest step when scoring high in VR.
Also ensure your eyes can glide over sentences fast af, and still retain and understand the information in your head. Based on my personal experiences and UKCAT official advice (found on twitter), they said the best way to prepare is skim reading!
Good luck!
Original post by Mathsmad123
It was hard but nothing out of the ordinary. If you've done your preparation and have a plan, it partly tests your mentality i believe. How you can keep calm under immense pressure and execute your plan. If you keep your nerves under control that is the biggest step when scoring high in VR.
Also ensure your eyes can glide over sentences fast af, and still retain and understand the information in your head. Based on my personal experiences and UKCAT official advice (found on twitter), they said the best way to prepare is skim reading!
Good luck!

How hard was the QR section in comparison to the official practice tests??
Original post by d010534
How hard was the QR section in comparison to the official practice tests??

The official practice tests were ******** as they were ways to hard compared to real thing! However medify mocks were quite similar in difficulty i found, maybe medify was just SLIGHTY harder. I was getting around 500-700 in official UKCAT mocks and around 860 in medify mocks and i got 890 in the real thing where i guessed 4 questions!
The official practice tests were ******** as they were ways to hard compared to real thing! However medify mocks were quite similar in difficulty i found, maybe medify was just SLIGHTY harder. I was getting around 500-700 in official UKCAT mocks and around 860 in medify mocks and i got 890 in the real thing where i guessed 4 questions!

Well done for the amazing score!!
I don't have medify unfortunately :redface: but could you please give a sample question from the real thing?? Maybe the hardest one?? Mine's on Thursday and I'm just so worried. Apparently QR's got simple questions like: What's half of x? but I'm still worried...
Thanks for all the help :biggrin:
Original post by d010534
I don't have medify unfortunately :redface: but could you please give a sample question from the real thing?? Maybe the hardest one?? Mine's on Thursday and I'm just so worried. Apparently QR's got simple questions like: What's half of x? but I'm still worried...

I'M THURSDAY TOO AND BRICKING MYSELF FOR THE QR!!!!! GOOD LUCK MAN!!! I NEED IT!

I Haven't broken 550 in my recent mocks and I am soooo scared :'(
Original post by d010534

Thanks :smile: and sure, basically just imagine a pie chart with given percentages. from the percentages given work out the difference in number between A and B. Trust me QR is nothing out of the ordinary! and NO WAY thats took simple lmao!
Thanks :smile: and sure, basically just imagine a pie chart with given percentages. from the percentages given work out the difference in number between A and B. Trust me QR is nothing out of the ordinary! and NO WAY thats took simple lmao!

Ahaha, thank you so much I feel a bit better now :biggrin: Good luck with the uni applications and all :colondollar:
Original post by .......Jeff458
I'M THURSDAY TOO AND BRICKING MYSELF FOR THE QR!!!!! GOOD LUCK MAN!!! I NEED IT!

I Haven't broken 550 in my recent mocks and I am soooo scared :'(

Honestly QR will be fine, just keep practicing and know the formulas, I got 600-650 in pretty much all my mocks and came out with 780! My advice is don't go in thinking QR is hard as you'll panic like in VR, but don't go in thinking it's easy as you still need to be 100% focused and ready for anything! I think going along what happened with me and quite a few others anyway, you'll get 650 maybe more? Just a guess though. Genuinely nothing changed for me on the day and fingers crossed it will be fine for you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by michaela__
Honestly QR will be fine, just keep practicing and know the formulas, I got 600-650 in pretty much all my mocks and came out with 780! My advice is don't go in thinking QR is hard as you'll panic like in VR, but don't go in thinking it's easy as you still need to be 100% focused and ready for anything! I think going along what happened with me and quite a few others anyway, you'll get 650 maybe more? Just a guess though. Genuinely nothing changed for me on the day and fingers crossed it will be fine for you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I feel so bad because I am so scared and you have to keep putting up with me!!!!

If I got 650 I would be soooo happy. I am really confident with my personal statement because I feel I have some good things which will help alot and got highest grades possible so really just need a decent UKCAT score now!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending