The Student Room Group

fat guy

Hey guys
So I have met this guy online dating
We're going on a date soon
Only thing is he is a size XL and I'm a girl who is a size six
I don't know is this a big size? Does it mean he's fat?
Do you think this is/should/shouldn't be a turn off?
I like his personality but thinking about his size puts me of

Scroll to see replies

If you truely like him, his size doesn't matter!
Just go with the flow when you meet and you can decide for yourself!
But it shouldn't be a turn off for you!
It's who he is and if you like him, you like him as a whole, not individual parts!
Reply 2
It all depends on his build. But if his size is a turn off then theres no point.
Reply 3
You're asking us if it should be a turn off for you?

If you have a problem with his size then you should cancel the date, for his sake.
If you like him, go out with him.

The worst you can do is decide you don't like him when you see him and quietly decide not to go on another date.

Otherwise you might meet a really great guy and hit it off
Are you sure ur not using it as a cloak
Reply 6
how tall are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by FireFreezer77
If you truely like him, his size doesn't matter!
Just go with the flow when you meet and you can decide for yourself!
But it shouldn't be a turn off for you!
It's who he is and if you like him, you like him as a whole, not individual parts!

That's true, but I'm worried as were only young he'll get fatter and unhealthy as we age
But is XL big?
Reply 8
Original post by 1010marina
If you like him, go out with him.

The worst you can do is decide you don't like him when you see him and quietly decide not to go on another date.

Otherwise you might meet a really great guy and hit it off

I know but I'll be going against loads of people and behind there back to go on the date
Cause of my culture
So I want and hope the guys worth it
Reply 9
If the attraction is there, then size doesn't really matter. I'm an average slim weight and my partner is overweight/gets into XL. Sure, he isn't what I thought I'd have went for but at the end of the day, the attraction was there and it hasn't gone away after all these years, despite what he looks like and that is all that matters to me.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Are you sure ur not using it as a cloak

Loool!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UWS
You're asking us if it should be a turn off for you?

If you have a problem with his size then you should cancel the date, for his sake.

But wouldn't you have a problem with a girls size? If she told you she was big
But you didn't know how much
Original post by Spock's Socks
If the attraction is there, then size doesn't really matter. I'm an average slim weight and my partner is overweight. Sure, he isn't what I thought I'd have went for but at the end of the day, the attraction was there and it hasn't gone away after all these years, despite what he looks like and that is all that matters to me.

Oh that's true, what size is he if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by Anonymous
Oh that's true, what size is he if you don't mind me asking?

Depends on brands, really. Sometimes he can still fit into his L clothes and then with other brands he sometimes has to get a size XL, XXL etc. Its just like us girls, in one shop you can get into their size 8 clothes but then with another brand because they size differently and use different materials, you might have to get into a size 12 even though you're not truly a size 12.
did you really ask him what his size is?=)))))))))))
Reply 15
But wouldn't you have a problem with a girls size? If she told you she was big
But you didn't know how much

That's what I'm saying. If I didn't like a physical attribute in that person, I would cancel the date so I wouldn't end up playing them for a mug. If you already have doubts, this won't go very far.
Reply 16
so you haven't seen his pic?

and yet you wanna meet him?

sounds dodgy

unless you have? fact is theres no point asking us, some guys wear a bigger size even when they don't look that big. all depends on how tall they are and where the fat is distributed. meet him, if you like him then you like him. if you don't then don't meet him again after the date, simple as
48kg at 16 ? How tall are you if you don't mind me asking ? I'm 16 years old, 5t10 in height and weigh 62kg btw.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys
So I have met this guy online dating
We're going on a date soon
Only thing is he is a size XL and I'm a girl who is a size six
I don't know is this a big size? Does it mean he's fat?
Do you think this is/should/shouldn't be a turn off?
I like his personality but thinking about his size puts me of

Well it depends on his build and height, if he's more robust and has big bulky muscles than yeah he might be a size XL.

If not then is doesn't matter does it? If you like his personality then go for it. Don't be too shallow and decide not to date him because of his looks.

If you don't fancy him when you do meet him. Just enjoy the date and the freebies and tell him your not interested in a 2nd date or something.
Reply 19
Sizes can vary a lot and his build is very important. I mean he could be 6ft 5 and really muscular which would mean his size was totally explainable, or he could be very short and perhaps overweight there is no way of us knowing. You should go on the date as you like him as a person and decide then whether you are attracted to him or not, don't base any decision on a clothes size as a small in one shop may be equivalent to a large in another

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending