The Student Room Group

The Arsenal Thread XXV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by James.Carnell
Who would you hire though? On the basis of recent performances in other leagues I would only see Tuchel as the candidate I would like to see (however we should see how far he manages to push Bayern first). I think he is the real deal personally and Fjortoft seems convinced that the guys at Arsenal think he is the successor.

Tuchel would be the obvious choice. De Boer is another possibility. The dream is Simeone, although it's unlikely. No idea what Howe has done to be so strongly linked with the Arsenal job. He is a decent young manager, but if he joined Arsenal I could see it panning out like Moyes at Utd. Even from his point of view, it's crazy to risk his managerial reputation so early in his career.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Yes. It's not going to change on the basis of one result.

Can't wait for Arsenal fans to learn that the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

We had incompetent owners and a lot of moronic fans when Rafa got sacked in 2010 and it took over 5 seasons and 3 other managers before we found the right replacement..

Look at Man Utd and how that is going..
Tuchel would be the obvious choice. De Boer is another possibility. The dream is Simeone, although it's unlikely. No idea what Howe has done to be so strongly linked with the Arsenal job. He is a decent young manager, but if he joined Arsenal I could see it panning out like Moyes at Utd. Even from his point of view, it's crazy to risk his managerial reputation so early in his career.

I don't rate De Boer.
Wenger deserves to choose when he gets to leave, he's the biggest influence on the club that anyone will have in our lifetime or before to be honest and it would be toxic and shameful on us to kick him out, let him just finish his legacy tbh.

He loves the club more than all us fans combined and we're gonna regret him leaving when we bring in the likes of De Boer to replace him. The only manager i'd want is Guardiola in all honesty.

Also i'm pretty sure ill actually stop following arsenal if we turn in to a machine run club like Chelsea or City if we get bought out. Would rather never win the league again and see players like Coquelin bodying man with passion than having to resort to buying the league out. Inb4 marble floors, cos you mans dont get it tbh.

Spoiler

Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
Wenger deserves to choose when he gets to leave, he's the biggest influence on the club that anyone will have in our lifetime or before to be honest and it would be toxic and shameful on us to kick him out, let him just finish his legacy tbh.

He loves the club more than all us fans combined and we're gonna regret him leaving when we bring in the likes of De Boer to replace him. The only manager i'd want is Guardiola in all honesty.

Also i'm pretty sure ill actually stop following arsenal if we turn in to a machine run club like Chelsea or City if we get bought out. Would rather never win the league again and see players like Coquelin bodying man with passion than having to resort to buying the league out. Inb4 marble floors, cos you mans dont get it tbh.

Spoiler

100% agree with all of this. Especially the madness of contemplating replacing the man with De Boer. Only two guys qualified who we would stand a chance of getting are Tuchel and Simeone. Imo, Simeone would be attracted to the proposition and we have the players that can play his style while not deviating from our fluid attacking play also (after all, Atleti do produce some beautiful attacking football these days).

I think Simeone would add a bit of that old Arsenal grit back in full force, the old 1-0 wins, but with attacking flair too. We have that history of playing in such a way if need be.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Zerforax
Can't wait for Arsenal fans to learn that the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

We had incompetent owners and a lot of moronic fans when Rafa got sacked in 2010 and it took over 5 seasons and 3 other managers before we found the right replacement..

Look at Man Utd and how that is going..

You have to take into consideration that a large section of the crowd on Saturday are prawn sandwich fans and actual morons.
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest

Spoiler

And , this.

Through the good and the bad. Always. As a football fan decades ago my Dad when he was young went to his first games as an Arsenal lad, we were one of the first clubs to be truly welcoming to all colours and creeds. I don't want us to become a cynical corporate machine, the club and Wenger is that link to me feeling a part of society and not just another minority. It has always formed a big part of my identity and engagement with community. Because lets face it, there is division all around and a lot of mistrust between cultures in this country.

Guys like George Weah, just listen to the guy talk about Wenger saying how he went out in the pitch willing to put his body on the line and everything for him. He gave his world player of the year medal to Wenger. It is a measure of the man.

"I don't look at the passport of people, I look at their quality and their attitude."
(edited 7 years ago)
Real talk now has anyone seen @JimmySavile? Seems he's gone missing like his team...:colonhash:

Come on pal you ripped into other posters for pussying out when they gave it large before games and got embarrassed (e.g. @lucio post united loss 2k15), time to take it yourself mate
Original post by leinad2012
Come on pal you ripped into other posters for pussying out when they gave it large before games and got embarrassed (e.g. @lucio post united loss 2k15), time to take it yourself mate

Can you not :frown:
Reply 729
This squad is our best since 2004, we're literally so close to being successful

Only thing that can **** us up is injuries
Reply 730
Yesterday's performance was so complete in every way. It's a shame how the media are putting it down to Chelsea playing ****. Truth is, we played well enough to make them look that ****

City are so far ahead though.. they need to start stalling
Reply 732
Original post by SA-1
Love how the library screams "shoot" every time Xhaka gets the ball in the opposition's half :rofl:

why you watching in the library and not locos

Also you guys need to calm down ffs. Conte's Chelsea are a very weak side right now and anything other than a win would be unacceptable.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SA-1
This squad is our best since 2004, we're literally so close to being successful

Only thing that can **** us up is injuries

Only things that can stop us are our manager and City being better.
Reply 734
Original post by AR_95
why you watching in the library and not locos

Also you guys need to calm down ffs. Conte's Chelsea are a very weak side right now and anything other than a win would be unacceptable.

By the library I meant the Emirates lel

Only things that can stop us are our manager and City being better.

Give the man some credit ffs. He had his tactics spot on yesterday.

Coq starting worked well, no matter how much we wanted to see Xhaka start. Alexis up top is working too..

Our squad is as strong as it is now because of him
Original post by SA-1
By the library I meant the Emirates lel

Give the man some credit ffs. He had his tactics spot on yesterday.

Coq starting worked well, no matter how much we wanted to see Xhaka start. Alexis up top is working too..

Our squad is as strong as it is now because of him

He got it right vs City at home last year aswell. Still a long way to go.
Original post by James.Carnell
Who would you hire though? On the basis of recent performances in other leagues I would only see Tuchel as the candidate I would like to see (however we should see how far he manages to push Bayern first). I think he is the real deal personally and Fjortoft seems convinced that the guys at Arsenal think he is the successor.

I was mentioning Koeman last season and if he gets top four with Everton, I can't see why they wouldn't look to him. Tuchel would be ideal, even at present.
Reply 737
IMG_0910.JPG
Original post by leinad2012
Real talk now has anyone seen @JimmySavile? Seems he's gone missing like his team...:colonhash:

He's sitting on a Boots shelf next to all the other ham rolls.
Reply 739
Arsenal fans need to calm down we beat a mediocre Chelsea side at home we still have a lot to prove

Quick Reply

Latest