The Student Room Group

My predicted grades are a little lower than the entry requirements for uni?

To do the course I want to do at university, I need ABB, with the A being in either biology or chemistry. However, my predicted grades are ABB at the moment, but my A is in psychology. I don't know if I will be turned away for this or not... What should I do?
Reply 1
Generally you can call the uni or email them and ask. they should be ale to tell you :smile:
Original post by Sazgld
To do the course I want to do at university, I need ABB, with the A being in either biology or chemistry. However, my predicted grades are ABB at the moment, but my A is in psychology. I don't know if I will be turned away for this or not... What should I do?

Generally speaking, you'd be rejected instantly for not meeting the minimum requirements.
Reply 3
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Generally speaking, you'd be rejected instantly for not meeting the minimum requirements.

Hi i have an A*AA Prediction however Bristol have a contexual offer where they raise your grade by 1 (So ill have an A*A*A prediction). Will this benefit me or will i still have the same chance as anyone else
Original post by mahmzo
Hi i have an A*AA Prediction however Bristol have a contexual offer where they raise your grade by 1 (So ill have an A*A*A prediction). Will this benefit me or will i still have the same chance as anyone else

No, they do not raise your grade by 1, they lower the standard offer by 1, essentially you have the same chance as everyone, it is just that your offer may be 1 grade lower, this is not guaranteed as you have met the entry requirement

Quick Reply

Latest