The Student Room Group

How many puzzles can you do in 3 minutes?

How many of the puzzles below can you do in 3 minutes? You just have to figure out what pattern would go next in the sequence. Eg. For the first one, it'd be a down arrow. This is part of an experiment I am carrying out to do with how people do on these puzzles with music vs without; if you could try to do as many of them as you can in 3 minutes without music that'd be great, and type how many you managed to answer below. I have an idea of an average score so if an answer seems very out of the ordinary I will probably know it is not real and discard it. Thanks :smile:
Original post by Uni12345678
How many of the puzzles below can you do in 3 minutes? You just have to figure out what pattern would go next in the sequence. Eg. For the first one, it'd be a down arrow. This is part of an experiment I am carrying out to do with how people do on these puzzles with music vs without; if you could try to do as many of them as you can in 3 minutes without music that'd be great, and type how many you managed to answer below. I have an idea of an average score so if an answer seems very out of the ordinary I will probably know it is not real and discard it. Thanks :smile:

Gone through all but managed to get actual answers for 18.
Original post by RDKGames
Gone through all but managed to get actual answers for 18.

Thanks that's useful :smile:
All of them except no 8

Spoiler

Original post by MathMoFarah
All of them except no 8

Spoiler

Thank youu
Thank youu

Dont open if you haven't already had a go at the puzzles

Spoiler

Dont open if you haven't already had a go at the puzzles

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Why?
Why?

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Spoiler

I get what you are saying but they are abstract so there are other answers for most of them; however general consensus usually gives us what can be deemed as the correct answer, especially in puzzles like this where speed is key.
Reply 11
19 or maybe 18. Not sure on question 14 (the answer that should according to my logic follow looks kind of weird) and don't really have a clue on 17 (is it just box 1 again lol)

Spoiler

I just saw it like this

Spoiler

Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
19 or maybe 18. Not sure on question 14 (the answer that should according to my logic follow looks kind of weird) and don't really have a clue on 17 (is it just box 1 again lol)

I just saw it like this

Spoiler

Thank you for doing the puzzles !

Spoiler

Reply 13
Thank you for doing the puzzles !

Spoiler

In that case I got 14 right yes. On 17...I cannot account for that derp lol. So yeah should be 19.
All these puzzles are is just spotting patterns. so us maths students get the high scores :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest