The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by Jamz115
Yea well I had a gap in employment which I was caring for someone which I wrote down - though how they will be able to verify that I don't know. The whole thing has been very badly handled. As soon as you get a provisional offer whether it is formal informal direct or indirect - it's an approach. Naturally your head will be turned regarding your current job and that's the situation I find myself in right now - in limbo and unable to focus properly . The whole process in my view is flawed all these checks should have been completed for anyone on the reserve list regardless if they got called up or not rather than leaving people in limbo for months many no doubt having their hopes built up only to be let down by something

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry you feel that way but even when I've been waiting on promotions over the years I still do the best of my ability to the job I'm in otherwise I'd be doing that role, those customers and myself a complete disservice.

Welcome to the public sector where there is no money, no time and our staffing levels were cut in half. I've explained why they don't do it and if you don't except that it's your issue. I presume because you are worried about not passing pre-employment checks which is a risk. Prepare for the worst and hope the best. May I also say you're coming off a reserve list where they didn't know if jobs would be available, to waste £10,000 upwards checking those people would have been ludicrous. And internal staff who have already been security checked are having row air the same length of time as all of you. There is no difference being made.

If you don't like the process and are unhappy about it there is a feedback link on CSR site and a complaints process you can avail of.
For the ones who received Provisional Offers for the last campaign, are you waiting for Manpower to contact you, or have you filled in the "Next Stage" on the website?
"Please also give the name and address of one person to whom you are well known and who has agreed to act as a referee." - I also assume this could by anybody - family friend, etc. Am I correct?
Reply 162
Just got an email today to go down to Lisburn and provide a 3rd form of ID because my bank statement from interview stage is obviously more than 3 months old at this point. Ridiculous.
I haven't been asked to produce anything to Lisburn yet beginning to think I'm the only one 😐

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jamz115
I haven't been asked to produce anything to Lisburn yet beginning to think I'm the only one 😐

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't worrying I was told I was the first to go down to them. They are aiming for 2 weeks from then to contact everyone. That was only just a week ago :smile:
Original post by Cass1988
As I hadn't had an interview, I got a phone call last Friday to go to Lisburn and fill these out along with taking copies and originals of passport, degree certificate ect ect too. They said they were trying to call everyone in 2 weeks so wait and see. It was from an 0300 number as well so answer it. I thought it was going to be another PPI call haha.

Got a call yesterday, heading to Lisburn tomorrow. Did you get any more anticipated timescales at all?
Original post by MurphysLaw2471
Got a call yesterday, heading to Lisburn tomorrow. Did you get any more anticipated timescales at all?

Not at all sadly though again I was apparently the first one to go see them in Lisburn and they didn't know then really what was going on themselves. Can you ask tomorrow and let me know if they give you any idea?
Not at all sadly though again I was apparently the first one to go see them in Lisburn and they didn't know then really what was going on themselves. Can you ask tomorrow and let me know if they give you any idea?

Not a hint of any timescales unfortunately......just said they were only collating the info and sending it on. Also filled in character enquiry and pension questionnaire, just back to the waiting game now................
Not a hint of any timescales unfortunately......just said they were only collating the info and sending it on. Also filled in character enquiry and pension questionnaire, just back to the waiting game now................

Cheers for that. That's all I was told too. Think they are literally being told to check info for HR and that's it. As you say, back to the waiting game. Can't wait until someone puts up here that the offers are finally coming.
Cheers for that. That's all I was told too. Think they are literally being told to check info for HR and that's it. As you say, back to the waiting game. Can't wait until someone puts up here that the offers are finally coming.

Lol, I am mentally drafting my resignation letter and planning my leaving do.......
Lol, I am mentally drafting my resignation letter and planning my leaving do.......

As part of the campaign last year, I filled all that info in at interview last November so perhaps anyone else off that particular Reserve list may get offers before those who are only giving them that info now - regardless though I suspect everyone will be starting at the same date but some may get offers quicker
Reply 171
Yeah I had my interview last November too. I had provided a bank statement as my 3rd form of ID and since its obviously been more than 3 months since then; the 'less than 3 months old' requirement is no longer valid. Extremely frustrating.

I drove down to Lisburn today with my birth certificates, but I hope it doesn't take a long time for those to get sent back. The woman who emailed me on Tuesday to say my ID was insufficient was from London, and provided me with the contact info of someone in the Lisburn office. God knows how long it'll delay it by.

A guy in my office in Child Maintenance Service who got an offer for the same role at the same time as me (12th August) got his AccessNI check request email on Tuesday. :frown:
I think we had all better dig in and accept we aren't going anywhere until at least November, lol. Welcome to the Civil Service guys, where nothing happens unless it happens slowly..........
Check emails.....got one today with DBS and health declaration forms to fill in and return. Progress at last......
Check emails.....got one today with DBS and health declaration forms to fill in and return. Progress at last......

I got those this day 2 weeks ago
The campaigns have been for Tax Professional and Operational delivery Caseworkers. Has everybody's provisional offer stated a distinct path of one or the other?
No mine said '' Officer Tax Professional/Operational Delivery '' Whats the difference
Original post by Jamz115
No mine said '' Officer Tax Professional/Operational Delivery '' Whats the difference

I'd hate to speculate so I'm in the same boat as you, though my provisional offer specifically stated "Tax Professional".

FAQs do separate the roles though:

This vacancy is for a caseworker role within either operational delivery or tax professional. Please see vacancy details for full job description.

33. Will I be required to complete any training if I am successful?Moving to a Tax Professional role may require you to take and pass Tax Professional Learning Products (TPLPs). The training should be completed within a maximum of 2 years, subject to any adjustment required on the grounds of alternative working patterns, ill health or disability. Failure to successfully complete the learning products will result in your appointment to the role being brought to an end.
I'd hate to speculate so I'm in the same boat as you, though my provisional offer specifically stated "Tax Professional".

FAQs do separate the roles though:

This vacancy is for a caseworker role within either operational delivery or tax professional. Please see vacancy details for full job description.

33. Will I be required to complete any training if I am successful?Moving to a Tax Professional role may require you to take and pass Tax Professional Learning Products (TPLPs). The training should be completed within a maximum of 2 years, subject to any adjustment required on the grounds of alternative working patterns, ill health or disability. Failure to successfully complete the learning products will result in your appointment to the role being brought to an end.

I noticed that myself but from people working there currently they always said there's much of a muchness with all the roles, not much between them in complexity so ... hard to know what to think!
My provisional offer says:
Tax Professional Caseworker. Looks to be slightly different roles then?

Latest