The Student Room Group

Jeremy Corbyn is an angel

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Naveed-7
Jeremy Corbyn is not bad. He is much better than Owen Smith but he isnt on Nigel Farage's level. Nigel also had the desire to help the most vulnerable in our society. He wanted us to stop funding EU, save our membership money and spend it on our own vulnerable instead. Nigel wasnt a career politician either. Diane Smith has also got alot of good work to show in the coming years.

Farage is a genius I'll give him that.

A right-wing Thatcherite who's somehow convinced the areas affected by her policies the most(i.e the strongest Leave areas) that he's on their team.

Who's Diane Smith?
Yes, in that I don't believe in him.
Original post by Little Popcorns
I think he's done well in showing staying power, the fact he didn't just go 'oh some of you don't want me here... I better skulk off then' is admirable. He stuck to his principles and his metaphorical guns, also admirable. He's doing it for the right reasons even if he seems like he's ****ing **** up half the time... Hopefully if the rest of the Labour Party except that they need to unite now , they can finally get on with being the good opposition they are, TO BE CONTINUED...

The burned-on grease on my oven trays has staying power. Does this show merit?

No, it's f**cking annoying and makes my oven stink.
Original post by JamesN88
Farage is a genius I'll give him that.

A right-wing Thatcherite who's somehow convinced the areas affected by her policies the most(i.e the strongest Leave areas) that he's on their team.

Who's Diane Smith?

She's that TV cook who sometimes does those Waitrose adverts at Christmas.

I'm 90% sure.
Original post by ibzombie96
She's that TV cook who sometimes does those Waitrose adverts at Christmas.

I'm 90% sure.

Lol, that's Delia(who by coincidence is a Labour supporter).
Lol, that's Delia(who by coincidence is a Labour supporter).

(I was joking!)
(I was joking!)

Jeremy and your views are Angles.

Haha
No, he wants to literally f*ck the most vulnerable people in our society by legalizing prostitution.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 30
As a Labour Party member, I am extremely disappointed at the huge mandate Jeremy has once again received. I find it particularly frustrating that so many of his supporters seems to have this image of him being almost perfect, or even "an angel" as this thread is suggesting. I also fail to understand how somebody can effectively lead a party without the support of the parliamentary party; particularly when he or she disagrees with MPs on many fundamental issues and policies.

Jeremy has failed to tackle antisemitism within the party and is still yet to seriously approach this issue. He is far from being an "angel" and has shown (in my opinion, at least) that he will be able to lead the party to victory in a general election. He may have caused an increase in party membership and won a huge share of the votes from within the party but it is impossible to win a general election without appealing to a wide demographic. This is something I believe Jeremy will be unable to do as he has continually ignored soft-left and centrist MPs within his own party.

I even received a call from somebody on Jeremy's election campaign who claimed that MPs who do not support him have vested interests and want him to step down as leader for their own benefit. This person went on to say that the party should select new candidates at the next general election, who fully support Jeremy's ideals. I do not believe that this is an effective way to gain support from people (even those within the Labour Party) and will almost certainly result in a disaster election for the party as we would fail to appeal to a number of people who are left of centre, let alone disillusioned Conservative voters. If this negative type of campaigning is something that Jeremy feels is moral, I do not see how he can be viewed as an "angel".

So while I do not actively dislike Jeremy Corbyn, I do not see him as the man to unite the Labour Party and win a general election. I sincerely hope that I am wrong but I do not see how someone who fails to tackle antisemitism within Labour and ignores the views of his own MPs (instead focusing on promoting his own ideals) can be seen as an "angel".
(edited 7 years ago)
The burned-on grease on my oven trays has staying power. Does this show merit?

No, it's f**cking annoying and makes my oven stink.
then there's your burnt on oven grease...
Anyone see the news on Jackie Walker - vice chair of Momentum - being embroiled in another antisemitism row? Momentum gonna Momentum. Given that their main function is to act as Corbyn's attack dogs, I feel it belongs in one of the Corbyn threads already going**
Original post by MeYou2Night
I wouldn't call an Antisemtic IRA supporting terrorist sympathiser career politician an angel.

I'm guessing as you believe he is you also are Antisemtic and an IRA supporter and you also sympathise with terrorists?

Jeremy Corbyn does - FACT

Do you also believe the killing of Osama Bin Laden was a "tragedy", as Corbyn does ?[/Q

I think that you should probably check the facts before you attack someone like this. Going by your comment, I assume that you read the daily mail and haven't actually seen the video in which you make reference to; Jeremy believing that the death of Osama Bin Laden was a 'tragedy'. In what way is he anti-Semitic? At every occasion, he has condemned any anti-Semitic comments made by any member. Perhaps check your facts before making a comment

Excellent GIF. stealing that.
Original post by Iridocyclitis
He has defied the odds and shown himself to be a true, natural leader. He is an angel with a desire to help the most vulnerable in our society.

I don't think angels (that don't exist anyway, but going with the premise...) would take £20,000 in payment to be a television shill for a regime that lynches gay men from cranes and stones 'adulterous' women. Corbyn contracted that shabby deal and it will be a millstone around his political neck for the rest of his political life (as will be his prior strong support for the IRA)

It seems there's this childish fantasy mindset about on the left these days that needs someone to be a saviour, a white knight riding in to save the day, a father-leader who can lead you and comfort you at the same time. It really is quite puerile.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by RyanW97
X

Absolutely superb post. Your comment about being called by the Corbyn campaign to be told that the reason the MPs wanted him to step down is because of some kind of corrupt vested interest is so typical of the mindset of these people. They simply can not comprehend that someone else can look at the same set of facts but come to a different conclusion. No, if someone disagrees with them they are either stupid or corrupt.

Just quickly on not actively disliking Corbyn, I do now. He must know that he is completely unsuited to the leadership position, he does know that he has become a complete hypocrite on things like shadow cabinet elections (he was all in favour before he was leader) and leadership elections (before he was leader he said there should an annual leadership election; now he claims people who bring them are wreckers); they call him principled but he has clearly changed his stance on those two issues now that he is the leader and he wants to benefit from greater centralisation of power in his office.

He also has many unpleasant personal qualities and obnoxious baggage, like the £20,000 he accepted as payment to shill on TV for a regime that lynches gay men from cranes. And the expensive gift he accepted from an oil industry lobbyist, but had the temerity to say on TV "Yes, I do not accept donations from corporations. Fancy that, a politician who has integrity" (yes, he really said that about himself.. he is either completely delusional, or a brazen liar). And he has been happy to condemn only in the weakest terms the abuse and threats emanating from his supporters against his opponents in the party.

I find Corbyn to be quite a weak man, in terms of his moral sensibilities and consistency on principles. I find him to be a vain man, who views himself as being extremely moral and absolutely loves the attention he gets at rallies and having people cheer his name. And I find him to be an incompetent man; if he was vain and immoral, but extremely skilled at politics and used that to get Labour elected, that would be one thing. But he has these very negative personal traits, and no competence to offset them.
Reply 37
Original post by Iridocyclitis
He has defied the odds and shown himself to be a true, natural leader. He is an angel with a desire to help the most vulnerable in our society.

You might want to edit the thread title you seem to have misspelled demon.
Original post by Scottish Person
What sort of career politician states that they are republican and wants Ireland to be independent? Out of all the politicians Jeremy Corbyn is probably one of the last I would label as career politician he has only been put in the spotlight after all these years of sticking to his beliefs and being an outsider. If he is "Career politician" then he is the dumbest and luckiest one around.

So, born in 1949, worked as a trade unionist for a few years, then in 1974, at 24, started a career in politics, 9 years later becoming an MP where he has been for the last 33 years. He has spent a gnat's wing under half his life as a MP and of the rest of his working life about a third as a Councillor. He has spent 42 of his 49 working years SIX IN SEVEN as a politician, that is a career politician

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending