The Student Room Group

Really easy S2 question? I missed a lesson, so I don't understand.

A bag contains 4 red, 3 green, and 8 yellow beads. Five beads are selected at random from the bag without replacement. Find the probability that they are 2 red and 3 yellow
Reply 1
Original post by APersonYo
A bag contains 4 red, 3 green, and 8 yellow beads. Five beads are selected at random from the bag without replacement. Find the probability that they are 2 red and 3 yellow

Draw a tree diagram.
Reply 2
Original post by Zacken
Draw a tree diagram.

Ahahah awful advice. Finally figured it out. You would want to draw a tree diagram for this question? Good luck drawing a tree diagram for the 10 possible arrangements !!
Reply 3
Ahahah awful advice. Finally figured it out. You would want to draw a tree diagram for this question? Good luck drawing a tree diagram for the 10 possible arrangements !!

No, I wouldn't. But I don't fancy explaining binomial distributions to someone who missed the lesson on them, so resorted to reducing the problem to something that you did know how to do.
(edited 7 years ago)

Is it 16/143 ?

Quick Reply

Latest