The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

University of Warwick Freshers Megathread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Do people recommend buying the Pop pass? I was thinking about getting that and the ticket for the freshers festival since i missed out on the freshers pass
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
We can use the uni's Wifi from both our pc/laptop and phone, right? Is the Wifi coverage good in all locations on campus? For the LAN cable we need- are there any special requirements about this or just a basic LAN cable?
Original post by PizzaTacoBurrito
We can use the uni's Wifi from both our pc/laptop and phone, right? Is the Wifi coverage good in all locations on campus? For the LAN cable we need- are there any special requirements about this or just a basic LAN cable?

Yes, most of it, and a LAN cable is provided (but anything will work, though you'll want CAT5 or better to avoid serious speed bottlenecks - the provided one is CAT5e).
Original post by BlueSam3
Yes, most of it, and a LAN cable is provided (but anything will work, though you'll want CAT5 or better to avoid serious speed bottlenecks - the provided one is CAT5e).

Thank you very much! So the LAN cable is provided for everyone for sure? Is it long enough for you to place your laptop wherever you want? Sorry, I just want to ensure that I don't need to buy an additional one.
Original post by PizzaTacoBurrito
Thank you very much! So the LAN cable is provided for everyone for sure? Is it long enough for you to place your laptop wherever you want? Sorry, I just want to ensure that I don't need to buy an additional one.

It's 2m long. Whether that's long enough is up to you.
Reply 205
Will our rooms be checked every now and then to make sure it's clean and that kinda stuff?
Original post by Rkai01
Will our rooms be checked every now and then to make sure it's clean and that kinda stuff?

No. Nobody cares, as long as you sort your **** out by the end.
Reply 207
No. Nobody cares, as long as you sort your **** out by the end.

Oh right, are you a second/third year/have you already attended?

But i thought we have cleaners in each accomodation and bloc??
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Rkai01
Oh right, are you a second/third year/have you already attended?

But i thought we have cleaners in each accomodation and bloc??

I have graduated. Cleaners don't do your room: that's your problem. They do corridors, kitchens and bathrooms.
I have graduated. Cleaners don't do your room: that's your problem. They do corridors, kitchens and bathrooms.

Do the cleaners report you if someone stays over in your room for the night? My boyfriend might come up on the occasional weekend and I don't want to be fined
Original post by ryanroks1
Do the cleaners report you if someone stays over in your room for the night? My boyfriend might come up on the occasional weekend and I don't want to be fined

No, and only partly because that's in no way against the rules. In theory, you're supposed to let the residential tutor know in advance, but nobody actually does after the first week or two.
Reply 211

So if you have an ensuite, I'm guessing that's also down to you?

How often do cleaners clean the bathrooms?
Anyone doing mechanical engineering? let me know :smile: would love to talk.
Original post by Rkai01
So if you have an ensuite, I'm guessing that's also down to you?

Ensuites get cleaned occasionally, but you might want to do it more regularly.

Original post by IrrationalRoot
How often do cleaners clean the bathrooms?

IIRC, shared ones are daily, but ensuites are less often (maybe once / week or less?)

Quick Reply

Latest